Job Description Summary
Known internally as a Lead Software Engineer, this a great opportunity to join our Power Software business. As a Lead Engineer in our Software team, you will be responsible for developing safety-critical software for an aircraft electrical power distribution system. You will be passionate about ensuring high-quality software requirements, and relish designing & writing efficient software to meet those requirements and stand the test of time. You will have experience of verification & validation, and you will thrive on solving technical software engineering problems, in collaboration with other engineering functions.
You will be joining an inclusive and diverse team of experienced technical software engineers who care about ensuring full-lifecycle completeness and consistency. We are committed to improving our project execution through taking a lean and innovative approach to problem-solving and continuous improvement. We share technical knowledge and lessons learnt with others in the team, the department and across the wider engineering organisation. We are passionate about professional growth and developing our team culture, capability & capacity to meet customer needs whilst enabling every engineer to reach their potential through continuous learning and coaching, mentoring and training of team members. If this sounds like an environment in which you would thrive, then this could be the next role for you.Job Description Essential Responsibilities
Qualifications / Requirements
- Capturing, understanding and documenting the software requirements
- Creating, updating and maintaining software architecture and designs for implementation in various languages such as C, Ada, Assembler
- Understanding and implementing software verification strategies, and creating, updating and performing software tests
- Participating as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Assuring proper documentation of technical data is generated for the assigned projects and tasks are consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Working to rigorous development standards
- Contributing to the business's software engineering strategy
- Hands-on experience of software design lifecycle within aerospace, automotive or similar embedded software development environment.
- Experience of designing and implementing real-time embedded software, and subsequent verification.
- Experience of RTCA DO-178B/C, DAL level A or B, or similar.
- Proficiency in C and assembler.
- Awareness of target hardware
- Ability to execute and solve problems autonomously.
- A degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent level of knowledge and experience
- Awareness of systems and/or hardware design engineering.
- A general understanding of electrical power distribution systems.
- Demonstrable success in achieving and exceeding internal customer milestones.
- Awareness of Agile and Kanban techniques.
- Awareness of lean methodologies for problem solving.
At GE Aviation Systems, we invent the future of flight, lift people up and bring them home safely. As key players in the field of integrated systems for commercial, military, business and general aviation aircraft, when you join us you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us looking ahead. We've got an amazing team of exceptional people helping to solve increasingly complex challenges - people like you. Our Electrical Power business has more than 50 years experience as a market leader, with the resources, knowledge and expertise to help our commercial, military, business and general aviation customers navigate the electrical power challenges of today and tomorrow.
Flexible WorkingGE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance.Total Reward
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Right to Work
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
#LI-RT1Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided: