Job Description Summary
Aviation is going through an electric revolution and GE Aviation Systems is in the middle of it. Over the last decade we have grown at an incredible rate. This has lead to a huge expansion in our research and development activities.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced system engineer to join in our Aerospace Advanced Technology Group. Put simply, our goal is to define the future of flight, we develop the next generation of technology for the next generation of aircraft. Our focus areas are electrical power, control, and display systems. If this interest you, we would love you get in touch.
Reporting to the Advanced Technology Director you will play a significant role in defining the next generation of products for the business. You will be defining the scope and functionality of our new products and support the team through the concept development and initial prototype design and verification. You will work with the technology, business and strategy leaders to identify market opportunities and define and validate new products concepts. This role will really suit someone who is a free-thinking practical problem solver who gains satisfaction from developing new products.Job Description Essential Responsibilities
Qualifications / Requirements
- Develop product concepts and requirements with consideration to the market, business case and the product life cycle.
- Validate and verify the product concept.
- Design the product architecture in conjunction with the hardware, software mechanical and tools teams.
- Work across the business, our customers, and suppliers to facilitate successful development and product development and research activities.
- The job may have a level of local and international travel.
- A passion for engineering.
- Minimum - degree or equivalent in relevant engineering or science subject.
- We are ideally looking for a great systems engineer, but would be interested if you are a hardware, software or safety engineer
- It would be great if you had some aerospace or similar industry experience, but the most important things are aptitude and attitude
- Be prepared to develop or have a deep understanding of aircraft electrical power systems, aircraft vehicle systems and/ or display systems.
- Some knowledge of safety design and validation techniques (FTA, CCA, Zonal, FMEA etc.) would be great.
- The ability to lead the systems engineering of complex safety critical systems.
- Exceptional design skills with the ability to resolve multi variable, multi domain trade studies to optimize designs.
- Excellent communication skills in all media with the ability to; talk to customers, suppliers and partners at all levels of the business; write cogent reports, documents and trade studies; and inspire the team and co works.
- Phd in relevant subject.
- Working knowledge of model-based development.
- Some knowledge of aerospace development standards ARP4754, DO-178, DO-254.
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance. Total Reward
At GE Aviation we understand the importance of Total Reward. Our flexible benefits plan, called FlexChoice, gives you freedom, choice and flexibility in the way you receive your benefits, as well as giving you the opportunity to make savings where possible.
As a new joiner to GE we are pleased to be able to offer you the following as default in your benefit fund, which you then can tailor to meet your individual needs;
- Non-contributory Pension
- Life Assurance
- Group income protection
- Private medical cover
- Holiday Hourly equivalent of 26 days, with flexible option to buy or sell
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS Right to Work
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
#LI-RTAdditional Information Relocation Assistance Provided: