They are an international pioneer within the Defence and Space domain, delivering challenging and exciting projects based on the latest, cutting-edge technologies.
Define and update the global planning taking into account different projects running in parallel with respect to given priorities
Management Resource Planning (manpower and machines) in order to deliver on time, on quality, on cost. Interface with the shop floor and optimise resources facilities and manpower availability in order to meet overall production planning.
Due to growth, they are currently recruiting a Production Manager to join their established Portsmouth site:
Management Resource Planning (manpower and machines) in order to deliver on time, on quality, on cost.
Interface with the shop floor and optimise resources facilities and manpower availability in order to meet overall production planning.
Define and update the global planning taking into account different projects running in parallel with respect to given priorities.
The Lead Manufacturing Engineer acts as the main technical manufacturing interface into a Product Line/Integrated Project Team. They must ensure the alignment of the design of all make items with the manufacturing capability of the business to meet quality, cost and schedule requirements and co-ordinate any developments where necessary.
- Manage all aspects of New Product Introduction to Manufacturing and Facilities for areas of responsibility, ensuring that all technical, programme and cost issues are executed according to the company standards and customer satisfaction.
- Deliver all Manufacturing Engineering inputs (work instructions, routings, cost models, proposals etc.) in line with the business processes.
- Identify any manufacturing facility or capability limitations preventing successful project completion and work across the team to resolve the issues.
- Provide manufacturing technical support to problem solving activities including NCRs, IRB/NRBs and Kaizans.
- Identify operational performance and technical risks through systematic monitors and propose mitigations/resolutions.
- Deliver continuous improvement activities to progress the capabilities of manufacturing and ensure the ongoing competitiveness of the Product Line.
- Champion implementation of Design for Manufacture and Assembly methodologies for New Product Introduction demanding use of standard and qualified processes as much as is possible.
- Implement / conform to all Company health, safety, environment and statutory policies within the Manufacturing organisation.
- Implement the Product Line Manufacturing strategy.
- Continuously develop own Manufacturing Engineering skill base. Demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Experience and knowledge of high reliability electronics, surface mount assembly and RF products.
- Familiar with all aspects of the project life cycle from design to production, including formal reviews, programme control, risk management, cost control.
- General awareness of Manufacturing Systems (CAD, CAM, Manufacturing Execution System, SAP, Technical Publications, etc.) relevant to the business.
You will be expected to work a 37 hour week with an initial length of contract is 18 months, with a likelihood the contract will extend thereafter.
All offers will be subject to successful referencing process.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please apply within.
Guidant Global (Jobscience) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.