We are looking for a Solutions Architect to join a leading Defence and Space organisation in Portsmouth.
Reporting directly to the Team Lead (Future Military) you will provide the System Architecture definition for the UK MOD Skynet 6 Enduring Capability (SK6 EC) tender opportunity, covering the space, control and ground segments.
You will undertake architecture cost/benefit trade off trade covering the spectrum of options from a monolithic geostationary biased solution to a fully dis-aggregated solution modelled after e.g. US Blackjack concept. This will require understanding a diverse set of technology options operating both in the space and ground segments
You will need to be able to gain UK SC Security Clearance to undertake the role.
Tasks and Accountabilities
- Requirements definition from Stakeholder needs to sub-systems
- System level architectural definition and trade offs
- Working with Engineering leads and partners to define the segment and associated sub-system architectures
- Technical proposal inputs
- Solution Lead for customer and internal governance reviews
- Technical support to the bid team.
- Systems Engineering and project management inputs as required to support planning, schedule and cost activities
- Inform stakeholders on progress and problem resolution.
Skills and Experience
- University Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, or related discipline
- Experience in the design, integration and roll out of military Satellite Communications Systems covering space, control and ground segments
- Experience of leading Engineering teams and engagement with customers and partners
- Good understanding of Airbus portfolio in terms of satellite platforms and payloads, satellite control, mission control, network operations and modem capabilities
- Knowledge of military payloads and waveforms
- Experience of defining solutions within an Architectural Framework as part of Model Based Systems Engineering
- Good presentation and technical writing skills.
What we can offer
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and very strong, very real strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.