Title: Procurement Manager (Export)
Location: Stevenage (Bolton or Bristol considered)
Salary: Up to £45,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Must be able to obtain Security Clearance
- 37 hour week.
- Paid over time or may accrue an additional 15 days holiday
- Bonus (paid for past 12 years)
- Flexible working (core hours 9.30-4pm Mon-Thurs 9.30-12.30 Friday)
- Pension up to 14%
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holiday (option to buy additional 5 days)
- Life assurance
- Share Scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- Gold award Investors in people Sunday Times top 25
About The Role
Our client is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. They value and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
Our client is looking for a highly motivated business professional to join our small MEP Export team within the diverse Major Equipment Procurement department. This department focus on the sourcing, contracting and supply of bespoke high value / high complexity sub-systems needed to deliver world leading defence capabilities
- Engage with sales / bid campaign teams early-on to understand Customer and corporate IIC and offset requirements, rules or policies.
- Oversee the development of new IIC and offset strategic business opportunities and expansion of existing business opportunities including engagement with incumbent Suppliers to promote the benefits of IIC and offset to their business.
- Collaborate with management in pursuing necessary business partnerships, alliances and joint ventures that improve the capabilities of the organisation.
- Manage the assessment of potential IIC and offset business opportunities through activities such as market and economic analysis, monitoring competitive activity and identifying customer needs.
- Ensure development, implementation, execution and performance of International Industrial Cooperation or Offset plans (new and existing) to address associated projects and commitments, including the negotiation of acceptable Industry plans given the specific requirements of the applicable country.
- Generating requests to the Supply Chain for Proposals, managing the subsequent engagement with potential Suppliers and partners in strategic countries, leading the evaluation of proposals, negotiating and executing the required commercial arrangements.
- Ideally Degree level (or equivalent) academic qualifications (Law, Business, Economics, Commercial)
- Experience in Contracting, Intellectual Property identification, etc.
- To have an interest in supporting Business Acquisition.
- To be comfortable operating in ambiguous situations and outside of a narrowly defined process.
- An understanding and experience of dealing with non-UK nationals and cultural sensitivities.
- An understanding of commercial constructs including contracts (prime and sub), requests for quotation, Statement of Works, Technical Requirement Specifications, Intellectual property valuation and Licensing (Royalties and Fees) etc.
- Project management or legal experience would be valuable, but not essential
- Ability to obtain/have security clearance
If you are interested in this role of a Procurement Manager (export) then please get in contact on 01923 470756 or firstname.lastname@example.org