Senior Data Architect (will sponsor for Security Clearance)
***Excellent opportunity to be Security Cleared to DV level ***
Remote working & Onsite working - Guildford or London
Permanent – full-time basis
- £70,000 - £92,000 per annum (based on level of experience).
- Excellent Benefits package including Bonus, Pension and Car allowance
Due to the nature of this role, successful candidates will be required to undertake Security Clearance to DV level, and we will sponsor you. Please note you must meet a strict eligibility criterion to be considered for sponsorship for DV Clearance. Please speak with the recruiter if you have any questions.
Our client is a global company that delivers the latest technology solutions to help fight cybercrime, reduce risk and implements crucial software for ground-breaking digital transformation programmes for their end customers.
They are embarking on a major recruitment drive following continuous growth and success within their market sector and are keen to recruit an ambitious and committed Senior Data Architect to join the business.
As a Senior Data Architect, you will be defining and resolving complex data collection, data integration, data storage and data access challenges to place key insights into the hands of decision makers at all levels of the organisation.
Our Data Architects specialise in helping our clients with cross-cutting programmes where a holistic view of the organisation is important but can also direct and shape particular solutions where the data aspects are a critical success factor.
- You will lead a multi-disciplined team of Data specialists in developing a new sensor data standard and presenting results and engaging with appropriate stakeholders.
- You will be working with minimal-to-no supervision on large and complex projects.
- You will be setting strategies for effective use of database and persistence technologies taking account of the complex interrelations between hardware/software.
- You will be self-driven to navigate a complex technical and commercial landscape.
- You will canvas and understand legacy systems and data standards whilst maintaining a strong focus on key deliverables.
- You will lead the development of architectures for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers.
- You will ensure that appropriate standards are identified and adhered to.
- You will establish policy and strategy for the selection of systems architecture components working with Enterprise/Solution Architects as required.
- You will coordinate design activities and good engineering practice e.g. based on Architecture Engineering Quick Start, promoting these disciplines to ensure quality and consistency.
- You will provide advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.).
- You will ensure that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly, consulting with technical experts as required.
- You will draft high- and low-level designs and progression through governance/assurance.
What we look for in you?
- You will have experience of working with engineering data on large data platforms across multiple applications.
- Your experience of using and extending Open Architecture Patterns would be desirable.
- You have strong team leadership skills and be capable of engaging with a range of senior stakeholders, with the ability to draw out the findings and requirements into actionable tasks; assigning said tasks to the teams in a way which builds towards the required deliverable.
- There is significant growth opportunity within this role due to the complexity and breadth of the task, encompassing solution and integration architecture alongside the data architecture design.
- You will be expected to operate with and present to senior stakeholders within the client industry groups as well as have good liaisons with the internal platform teams.
- Strong Presentation and stakeholder engagement skills
- It would be desirable if you have any exposure to Kafka, Hadoop stack, nifi, Realtime streaming architectures, Linux development and/or agile methods.
What we offer to you?
- Work-life balance is important; you will get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell holiday and carry over from the year before.
- This position offers a prosperous future, excellent opportunities for career progression (both vertically and horizontally).
- The chance to work in a supportive and growth focused environment and learn from senior subject matter experts whilst also securing a competitive salary and excellent bonus and benefits package.
- The chance to work at the forefront of the latest technologies and innovations, on cutting-edge projects and programmes that will allow you the autonomy to work independently.
- To be part of a team that embraces the strengths of diversity and inclusion. A collaborative outlook where your voice and ideas are always heard.
- A platform that will support and allow you to push your own ideas to deliver on projects successfully.
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career with us. You will have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey with us.
- We believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desks. We promote a good work/life balance for all our staff, you will get up to 25 days holiday a year via our flexible benefits package and welcome discussions about flexible and part-time working.
If this role sounds like you, then please get in touch by applying with your most recent copy of your CV including a contact number and we will contact you directly to discuss further.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.