Fantastic opportunity for experienced Case Handlers
6-month contract | Work from Home | £19 Per hour | £34,616 pro-rata
We have several fantastic opportunities for experienced Case Handlers to manage a caseload of investigations. Working in the public sector, you will need to exhibit proven, and recent experience managing caseloads and complaint handling, and report writing to an exceptional level.
Case Handler Role and Responsibilities
Your core requirement will be to investigate and resolve complaints. You will also provide concise reports and recommendations for outcomes of complaints and follow up procedures, including disciplinary investigations.
Working remotely, you will be task and results-driven, and employ the utmost integrity, understanding that all material you engage with is highly confidential. You will also enjoy working with colleagues and key stakeholders to manage and progress your caseload.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Investigate complaints as directed which may lead to internal disciplinary action.
- Identify, request and gather appropriate, and a proportionate amount of information and evidence, to allow a complaint or disciplinary matter to be investigated.
- Prepare reports and accompanying information for the decision-making panel as directed, working closely with colleagues to prepare papers when required.
- Work with colleagues on mediation and informal resolution of complaints, to progress the investigation of disciplinary cases within their remit.
- Manage the case load to ensure effective progression of all complaint investigations assigned to the individual.
- Liaise with colleagues to answer queries on the organisation’s complaints and disciplinary procedures; and to support others in the use of them.
- Use and follow process, policy and guidance appropriately to ensure a consistent and compliant approach is taken to all complaint investigations.
- Carry out any other reasonable task as directed by colleagues and management.
- Work closely with a variety of colleagues and be expected to work flexibly as part of the wider team.
Who we are looking for
A complaints or investigation professional with relevant and recent experience, you will come from a regulatory background and you will have evidence of case or complaint handling. A high level of report writing is an absolute must.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of complaints, complaint investigation and reaching appropriate outcomes.
- Good knowledge of investigation techniques and best practice.
- Knowledge of data protection and equalities legislation.
- Knowledge of membership organisations.
- Experience of dealing with complaints or similar.
- Experience of dealing with regulatory or compliance issues.
- Experience of local government issues and procedures or Board/Executive procedures.
- Experience of producing clear, comprehensive but concise reports.
- Experience of working proactively with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience of conducting investigations, fact-finding, or similar case handling.
- Experience of managing a case-holding or similar
- Experience of meeting individual SLAs/objectives and contributing to organisational KPIs.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and highly pressurised environment.
- Able to work as part of a close team but also monitor and progress own workload to the most effective outcome.
- Able to work in a versatile manner across a range of governance and legal issues.
- Able to deliver excellent customer-focused service.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to new tasks and responsibilities quickly and efficiently.
- The ability to communicate concisely both verbally and in written form at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to use technology to support administrative functions e.g. MS Office, Teams etc. as well as databases/case management systems.
Values / Behaviours
- Strong personal commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Highly collaborative behaviour, able to build strong working relationships internally and externally in a complex stakeholder environment.
- Ability to work consistently to high professional standards including to accuracy, honesty, quality, and evidence.
- Commitment to a positive learning culture of feedback and continuous improvement.
- Creative and open to new ways of working including digital transformation, participatory methods and co-creation of solutions with those most affected.
Because this is a remote working role you will need the following equipment:
- You must have a laptop that is not shared with others
- You will need a secure WIFI connection
- You will need to have a satisfactory firewall and virus protection
Please Apply Now
If you have proven and recent experience managing caseloads, complaint handling, and report writing to a high standard, please apply now with your CV and cover letter detailing your experience.
Please Note: All applicants must undergo PEP and Sanctions checks.