1. The candidate has relevant and recent experience in system and software testing (certifications will be an advantage).
2. The candidate has relevant and recent experience in using test management and issue tracking tools (e.g. TestRail, Confluence, TMJ4 and JIRA), automated test frameworks (e.g. Selenium, Gauge, Cucumber) and methodologies (e.g. Agile).
3. The candidate has proven and extensive experience in scripting, using a variety of tools and systems.
4. The candidate has relevant and recent experience in verifying functional and non-functional requirements. (e.g. development of test cases, test data, etc.).
5. The candidate has relevant and recent experience in working with a software development team.
6. The candidate is able to speak and write fluent English.
7. The candidate has a NATO SECRET security clearance, provided by the national security organization valid at the time of submission of the bid covering the period of the requirement.
8. The candidate must have the nationality of one of the NATO nations.
Practical experience in one or more of the following areas is also desirable:
1. The candidate has experience in continuous software integration and automated testing.
2. The candidate has a good understanding of networking protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP) and (message-oriented) application protocols (e.g. HTTP, HTTPS, AMQP).
3. The candidate has relevant and recent knowledge in the usage of NIRIS or other NATO tools supporting Situational Awareness.
Under the direction/guidance of the product owner, technical architect and a test manager/director the software test automation engineer will work on automating current test procedures, execute (automated) test procedures and report test results. He or she is expected also to be part of next version baseline testing, using the
automated improvement steps implemented and monitoring the test automation system(s).
The software test automation engineer will perform the following activities:
• Drive the progress of test automation, with the priority focus to achieve the more significant reduction of manual testing first
• Develop/conduct unit and automated testing of software components
• Develop/support manual test procedures if required