National Counter Terrorism Policing are seeking a Junior Security Project Manager to join them in London. This role is remote working to begin with and candidate must be flexible to travel and with working hours (long/out of hours if necessary).
Initial contracts will run for 6 months and offer a rate up to £400/day.
IR35 STATUS: Inside IR35. This engagement has been assessed by the public body as Inside IR35 legislation. Candidates would be required to operate through an umbrella company on this engagement.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 24/06/2021 at 15:00
This role requires Active SC (Security Check) clearance. Applicants require active SC clearance or the willingness to go through clearance before starting on site. Candidates with current clearance will be preferred. DV Clearance preferred.
The Role – Hiring Manager Summary
The CTOC initiative brings together a number of large and complex programmes which together will improve collaboration and integration between Counter Terrorism Policing and its key partners. The future design will deliver a more efficient, effective and responsive Counter Terrorism (CT) capability for London and the UK. The single CTOC CTP ICT Work stream will support the CTOC Programmes by ensuring that the ICT relied on by CT Users is available and fit for purpose as teams integrate into new environments. In addition, the CTOC CTP ICT Work stream is delivering innovative IT opportunities to support delivery of a more efficient and efficient ICT service for CT. The role will be required to support the CTOC ICT and Security Policy Lead and ICT Opportunities delivery work-stream in delivery of security activities as directed by the Policy lead.
- Review CTOC ICT tranche plans and business cases to ensure compliance with existing regulatory and national security standards.
- Liaise with CTPHQ Information Security Unit to ensure CTP ICT systems for CTOC tranches undergo appropriate security accreditation reviews.
- Liaise with CTPHQ Information Security Unit to highlight any potential non-compliant CTP ICT systems and support the development of actions plan to remedy any non-compliance.
- Work with CTOC ICT Project leads to ensure ICT Opportunities’ security accreditation activities and security artefacts are planned and monitor progress.
- Support the CTOC ICT Projects leads in development of security artefacts i.e. Business Impacts Assessments, Data Protection Impact Assessments, Equality Impact Assessments and Risk Assessments.
- Coordinate the provision of accreditation advice to CTOC ICT Project leads as and when required.
- Ensure security artefacts undergo appropriate governance and approvals.
- Keep the CTOC ICT Policy lead, CTOC ICT Programme manager and CTPHQ Head of Information Security engaged and informed of key project security activity and milestones.
- The role will report to the CTOC ICT Policy lead within the ICT Opportunities workstream and will be based in offices within London.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and aptitude.
- Capable of performing well in fast paced environment.
- Capable of multitasking.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Experience of working in the public sector and within a security project delivery environment, ideally within a national delivery context.
- Experience of dealing with stakeholders across various levels of organisations and with differing levels of understanding and with differing needs.
- An understanding and knowledge of CT Policing including a clear understanding of CT Policing relationships to Government, security and intelligence agencies and legislative process including their governance arrangements is desirable.
- Team player with a structured approach.
- Works well under pressure, to tight timescales and own initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Good influencing skills.
- Can demonstrate working in a matrix management environment.
- Proficient in MS Project, Excel, Word and Visio.
- Project management certification (i.e. Prince 2).
- Knowledge and experience of policy development and corporate policy making.
- Knowledge of ISO 27001 and/or accreditation experience
- Commitment and enthusiasm.
- Flexible to travel.
- Flexible working Hours (Long/Out of Hours).
- In-depth problem-solving skills.
- Design & Innovation skillset.
- Large Scale Infrastructure Design / Architecture experience.
- Large Scale Implementation background.
- Ability to uphold organisations Core Values.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas are cannot be accepted. This role requires that candidates be willing to undergo BPSS (DS) Baseline Personnel Security Standard (with a Disclosure Scotland).
Other Job Postings
Visit https://quast.workable.com for all current Quast recruitment job vacancies.