The Bank of England is the UK's central bank. Our mission is to deliver monetary and financial stability for the British people.
The Bank of England is a diverse organisation. Each of its 4,000 people are committed to public service and dedicated to promoting the good of the people of the United Kingdom by maintaining monetary and financial stability.
On 1 April 2013 the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) became responsible for the prudential regulation and supervision of banks, building societies, credit unions, insurers and major investment firms. The PRA was created by the Financial Services Act (2012) and is part of the Bank of England.
As a directorate of the PRA, Regulatory Operations supports and compliments the work of the Supervision and Policy areas of the Bank. It ensures that the PRA can execute its operational responsibilities, facilitating the smooth running of the organisation.
Regulatory Operations is split into five main divisions:
- PRA Chief Operating Officer's Unit
- PRA Governance Function
- Senior Advisors
- Supervisory Oversight Function
The Authorisations function is responsible for delivering an effective Authorisations framework for the PRA, ensuring compliance with various UK statutory and European Directive requirements, in accordance with the PRA's risk tolerance and decision-making framework. We are recognised, within and outside the Bank, as the centre of excellence for Authorisations knowledge, providing mentorship and direction on all regulatory transaction issues, always ensuring high quality outputs. We successfully combine deep technical knowledge and practical implementation. We are at the forefront of developments affecting Authorisations by making judgements to arrive at decisions in partnership with Supervision and others on behalf of the PRA, and ensuring the appropriate management of critical events in a firm's lifecycle. Job description
We are looking for a hardworking and self-motivated individual to join us, who is looking to develop their knowledge of the PRA who is eager and passionate about taking on this interesting role.
This role offers the opportunity to tackle a portfolio of work within a collaborative working environment committed to learning and career development. You will work within the team responsible for logging and assessing applications to perform PRA-led Senior Management Functions.
The successful role holder will be responsible for:
Role Requirements Minimum Criteria
- Dealing with all process queries directed to the team, ensuring that these are actioned or triaged to the correct individual for resolution;
- Logging applications and notifications on our Case Tracking System within agreed timeframes for each process;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook;
- Data logging experience with good attention to detail
- Case Management: Experience of prioritising and supervising a portfolio of cases
- Analytical skills: ability to question data, draw conclusions and present your findings and recommendations
- Collaboration and partnership: natural teammate with the ability to be flexible, versatile and tackle problems practically as well as pragmatically. Willingness and passion to tackle new responsibilities and work through issues to resolve. You take responsibility and ownership of your contribution to the success of the team.
- Knowledge of Authorisations procedures
As a unique institution, we have a reward package which sets us apart from other organisations. It includes a competitive salary, but also a much wider offering, including a defined benefit pension and comprehensive flexible benefits. We also offer a working environment which fully supports individuals through flexible working, wellbeing initiatives including an on-site medical and dental unit.
This specific role offers a competitive salary of £24,225 - £29,430 (subject to experience and skillset). The total package also includes:
- A non-contributory, career average pension giving you a guaranteed retirement benefit of 1/95th of your annual salary for every year worked. There is the option to increase your pension (to 1/50th) or decrease (to 1/120th) in exchange for salary through our flexible benefits programme each year. The current cost to the Bank of providing this pension is 35% of your salary.
- A discretionary performance award based on a current award pool and target award of 10%
- A 7% benefits allowance with the option to take as salary or purchase a wide range of flexible benefits
- 25 days annual leave with option to buy up to 13 additional days through flexible benefits
- Private medical insurance and income protection insurance
This role is London based.
We are fully committed to having a diverse and inclusive working environment, and are open to considering how the role might be carried out with flexible working. This role is therefore open to job shares, flexible and part time working patterns.
We anonymise applications so hiring managers will not be able to see your personal information when reviewing your submission, including your CV.
Please fully complete the application form questions as requested as any incomplete submissions may not be reviewed. The closing date for applications 25th June 2021.
Please apply online, ensuring that you answer the application questions, complete the work history and submit your CV.