As a member of the wider MCR Global family, you will be joining our small, but rapidly expanding team of consultants here in the United Kingdom. This opportunity is for an Engineering Manager (AeroSystems) to work at Ministry of Defence (MoD) Abbeywood to provide engineering support, advice and recommendations to the Hawk Engineering Team. This opportunity falls within IR35 regulations.
We are seeking a forward thinking, pro-active Engineering Manager (AeroSystems) with demonstrable experience of working within Military Aviation Authority (MAA), Regulatory Articles (RA) policies and guidelines. The candidate must also have experience of producing various Air Worthiness Documents. Very much a self-starter, you will also be an analytical thinker who is able to deliver technical and airworthiness evidence to a very high standard.
Primarily the role will focus on:
- Produce the Type Certificate Exposition (TCE) and associated artefacts.
- Produce the initial Release to Service Recommendation (iRTSR) and associated artefacts.
- Support the development of the Type Airworthiness Safety Assessment Report (TASAR).
- Provide safety and environmental support and advice to the Hawk Eng Team
- Work with a wide range of stakeholders to ensure the successful Type Certification and Release to Service of the Qatari Hawk.
- Type/continued Airworthiness Practitioner/Expert.
- Military Air Systems Certification Process Practitioner/Expert
- Practitioner in Avionic Systems.
- Practitioner level of experience working with MAA.
- Good understanding of Regulatory Articles and Airworthiness Codes.
- Must have a good level of experience in certification of military platforms and/or have experience developing platform Release to Service Recommendations.
- Demonstrate a good level of experience of working within the Military Aviation Authority Regulatory Publications environment;
- Must be able to demonstrate experience of working in multi-functional teams, across multiple Engineering disciplines;
- Have extensive Air Domain experience preferably in a Defence environment;
- Relevant Level 4 (or higher) qualification or has demonstrated equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be in possession of an active SC security clearance.
- Must be a UK National only.
- Have experience of working with Fast Jet aircraft
- Experience of working in a DE&S Delivery Team.
- Systems experience particularly in the development/sustainment of complex systems.
- Experience of in-service support including stakeholder management.
- Experience in using ASPIRE
MCR, LLC, is the nation’s premier Integrated Program Management firm. Since 1977, we have delivered groundbreaking cost/schedule analysis, acquisition management and program assessment solutions to help government clients successfully deliver agile and creative programs. MCR’s 400+ professionals provide critical thinking and integrated solutions to customers, enabling them to more rapidly develop complex National Security Space programs. We value integrity, excellence, honesty, service, and trust. It is through these values that we form long-term client partnerships, build expertise, and attract and retain hardworking employees.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MCR, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider you for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information about MCR, LLC, career opportunities, please visit www.mcri.com.