Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision > - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
With over 160 years of history, innovation's at the heart of everything we do in our aerospace, defence and selected energy markets Our global approach to lean manufacturing is the driving force on our journey to operational excellence and our goal to provide the best technology, products and service to our Customers.
We'll help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we're working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence.
your extraordinary. Join us and be part of our diverse Meggitt team.
Meggitt Fuel Systems & Composites have an exciting opportunity for a Composite Manufacturing Engineer to join the team at our Stevenage, Hertfordshire site. In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to work on;
- Developing composite processing techniques and engineering assembly strategies to enable the manufacture of specialised advanced aerospace composite parts for use in a range aerospace applications
- Improving manufacturing processes in line with a Zero Defects philosophy
- Interacting with customers in support of NPI and existing product programs
- Using a data based approach to problem solving within the manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and appreciation of composite materials processing methods such as in and out of autoclave pre-preg systems and RTM, along with knowledge of core processing techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant composite material testing is advantageous.
- Creation of concise work instructions for end to end composite component manufacture (Laminating through to Assembly and Paint) to support a "Right first Time" philosophy.
- Experience in leading continuous improvement activities to reduce waste
- Experience of working with an ERP system to create and maintain BoMs and Routings.
- Comprehensive understanding of a range of problem solving techniques such as (but not limited to) 8D and 5 Whys.
- Experience in identifying and specifying tooling requirements for moulding and assembly processes and the ability to accept and approve tooling for production use.
- Experience in the conducting of PFMEA's and implementation of control plans across a range of different product lines.
- Engineering project management mind-set with particular reference to NPI activities as well as being the technical point of contact for external customers.
Skills, Competencies & Experience
- Academic Qualifications to HND level within a relative engineering subject or an accredited Engineering Apprenticeship in addition to industrial experience.
- Strong organisational, analytical and communication skills
- A self-starter, with proven ability for working with minimal supervision and take ownership of driving activities through to completion
- Good interpersonal skills which allows the ability to work as part of the wider operations team.
- Desirable Skills #LI-CS1
- Ability to champion 6S activities, including definition of the optimum cell layout to improve process flow.
- Able to use CATIA (or similar 3D package) to interrogate 3D models.