Leonardo is recruiting senior C# engineers with a passion for delivering complex solutions using Web, C#, .NET Core, microservice and containerisation technologies.
You will join an agile team developing desktop and server based tools that support the configuration, deployment and analysis of our wide range of Electronic Warfare products.
Leonardo are undertaking a significant refresh of our legacy products moving towards the latest technologies and considering the future capabilities of technologies such as Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
* Software Development: You will apply and enrich your software skills across the full software lifecycle with the opportunity to contribute towards the investigation and analysis of leading edge development methodologies and influence the future path of software development within Leonardo.
* Innovative: You will be involved with novel product development and emerging technologies, supported by Leonardo's £200m annual investment in research and development.
* Continuous Learning: We will support your ongoing professional development though training and mentoring. Working alongside subject matter experts with extensive and detailed knowledge of the EW domain, technology, performance and operational capabilities - the learning potential is limitless.
* Challenging: You will work on products and services that push the boundaries of innovation and technology and deliver a step change in performance and capability to our customers.
* Collaborative: As part in an expansive team of around 7,000 people at six major sites across the UK, you will be working with highly skilled engineers across multiple domains and sites, from electronic warfare experts in Luton to radar engineers in Edinburgh.
* Work-life Balance: Our custom working policy provides opportunities to work on-site or remotely to balance both personal and business needs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As part of an agile, multi-disciplined team, you will work with and influence the latest technologies to deliver next generation EW Support equipment for a customers around the world.
You will have the opportunity to develop your career and work with a variety of other engineers both on new and emerging technologies and automation processes
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
People with experience of and a passion for developing software solutions.
You should have a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline with experience of developing software in industry or a research and development organisation. Your experience should include knowledge of the product lifecycle, understanding risk and associated trade-offs and working at a systems level.
Due to the nature of the tasks involved, you must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
In addition you will be expected to have some of the following:
* Web and/or Microservice development experience with C# and the .NET / .NET Core framework.
* Entity Framework Core and SQL Server experience
* Web API experience
* Unit testing experience
* Microsoft Visual Studio experience
* Experience with agile / scrum development methodologies
* Use of agile toolsets, such as Azure DevOps
* Knowledge of the Microsoft development toolchain.
* Knowledge of current industry best practice software development processes, including Agile.
* Experience of refactoring software, including techniques to develop and extend legacy code.
* Experience of designing, building, testing and maintaining modern software applications.
* Microservice development experience
* Automated user interface testing with Selenium
* Docker experience
* Kubernetes experience