Join us as a Business Analyst with the Home Office
Why Join the Home Office?
This role is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and innovative person to be at the forefront of change in one of the great Departments of State. We are delivering significant transformation in order to continue keeping our citizens safe and our country secure. New technology and the fast-evolving nature of the threats we face mean we must adapt, and adapt fast, and with the UK leaving the EU, the need for change is greater than ever.
We need to boost our business analysis capacity: to achieve this the post holders will provide a key link between current and future business models, supporting and enhancing delivery on large scale and/or complex projects and programmes. The right person for this role will have a proven track record of business analysis, including in agile environments, with the ability to translate strategy and end-to-end business design into detailed outcomes relating to change initiatives.
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever – and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
We are currently recruiting for interesting and exciting positions at the Home Office. The Home Office keeps the UK secure and prosperous; protects its citizens, residents and visitors and their property; and upholds rights, liberties and the rule of law. Leading on immigration and passports, drugs policy, crime and fire policy, counterterrorism and work to ensure visible, responsive and accountable policing in the UK.
The Role of a Business Analyst
Your role as a Business Analyst is to understand and analyse both user and business needs. You will ensure the outcomes are aligned with service vision and business strategy by contributing to the link between current and future business models, delivering to the business architecture.
You will challenge constructively and act as a critical friend to achieve solutions that are fit for purpose. You will facilitate collaboration and lead effective communication with all stakeholders to support design, build and delivery to meet the user needs.
Behavioural Competency requirements:
• An awareness of visible leadership
• Working with ambiguity
• Inspiring others and culture change
• A working knowledge of credible action, collaboration, influencing, conflict resolution, resilience and innovation
• Effective communication skills
BCS Business Analysis
APMG Project Management
Prince 2 Practitioner or Foundation
Typical Role Responsibilities
The role provides an excellent opportunity to work within Home Office DDaT Cyber Security Programme and HO Cyber Security Team (HOCS).
The post holder will be responsible for leading on the business process and design delivery for Cyber Security Programme (CSP) projects into Operations as well as other HOCS initiatives.
The role will be responsible for delivery of services to the programme and portfolio that include (but are not limited to):
- Defining, planning and leading Business Analysis delivery for Cyber Security Programme and other HOCS significant assignments. This will include providing recommendation and rationale to programme/project/team leads to critically shape project and delivery scope and to accurately and dynamically inform resource planning across the Profession
- Working with the Head of Role to develop and embed clear and consistent Business Analysis standards, guidance and templates across the Profession
- Understanding and defining the problem to be solved and ensuring strategic decision-making supports business outcomes as well as user needs
- Planning and leading significant areas of Business Analysis delivery, owning the challenge and driving through to conclusions
- Developing a specialist area and delivering coaching and mentoring to staff within this area to develop their Business Analysis and professional skillset, confidence and strategic thinking. Overseeing the work of other business analysts to ensure work is focused on the right solution to deliver business value
- Advising the business around which metrics to put in place to ensure the product is adding business value and to identify service improvement opportunities
Modelling complex processes/procedures using established techniques with understanding of their purpose and importance
- Support business process testing, through development of scenario-based acceptance criteria and BDD (behaviour driven development) to support automated testing. Occasionally this may also mean executing detailed test scripts and promoting the benefits of testing
- Uncover policy and other constraints & requirements from a wide variety of other stakeholders
- When necessary, elicit, analyse and validate business requirements and user needs, as well as business strategy problems, in the most appropriate and effective manner and format
If required, help to build business cases alongside a business area owner, who is ultimately responsible
- Building strong, strategic relationships with the ability to understand, empathise, negotiate and influence individuals and groups
- Eliciting requirements and needs and leading investigations and implementations of changes to programme scope
- Guiding your team to decide the best approach, helping them to visualise outcomes, prioritise work and agree minimum viable product
- Recent experience of working in the delivery of technology and cyber security
Strategic thinking skills with the ability to turn longer term goals and business outcomes into strategic and tactical solutions as required
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to go through vetting and Security Clearance.
The role is initially remote as the Home office transitions to a hybrid working model
- Line management or coaching/mentoring
May have introduced Agile techniques and have coached teams to apply them effectively.
Been involved with most aspects of software delivery and life cycle, including gathering and developing detailed functional and business requirement
Knowledge of cybersecurity.
Valid Security Clearance
Experience in complex public service / government projects
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the very best of luck with your application.