Job Description Summary
Provides expertise in sustained customer success and growth in the post-sales customer lifecycle through training, professional services, technical support, renewals, outcome attainment, retention, expansion, and customer advocacy with a Digital focus. Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).Job Description Roles and Responsibilities
- In the context of AM projects execution, the Delivery Manager is to own End-to-End responsibility on the Software Delivery technical element of projects to meet the contracted requirements, timeline and quality commitments.
- The Delivery Manager is required to own the Solution, ensuing that any non-OOB requirements are reviewed with the Product Manager to see if in current Roadmap and when available or to review as enhancements.
- The Delivery Manager is required to manage the Partners and any Services Engineers (contractor or GE) assigned to the Project (known as Project Team), assigning Work Packages and ensuring the reviews on technical Show and Tells, Development and documentation are fit for purpose and is of the GE expected quality.
- The Delivery Manager is responsible for generating the activities as per the agreed Project RACI (within the OPCall Process).
- Responsible for the Environment Strategy for the Project and Support Teams, ensuring that these are created, built and fully accessible, whilst providing support to the Customer on their needs.
- They are to liaise with the Product Engineering Team, manage the Testing and Defect strategy and to work in conjunction with the Project Manager to enable the completion of the Project to Cost, Quality and Schedule.
- They are to incorporate the OPCall Process into the Planning and manage the handover to support activities.
- The Delivery Manager is responsible for confirming timesheets provided by the technical resources against the project are appropriate for the work packages assigned and raise any queries with the Project Manager
- The Delivery Manager is to attend the Project Internal and Customer Meetings as well as hold regular Technical Internal and External Meetings and daily Stand-Up meetings with the team (if appropriate)
- The Delivery Manager is to attend the Scheduled Project Review Meetings supporting the Project Manager
- The Delivery Manager is responsible for any technical workshops held with the Customer during MS2 and generating the documentation and attending document reviews
- The Delivery Manager is responsible for managing the technical elements and not the Partner - if a Partner is part of the Project Team they should not be the responsible technical person - this is the role of the Delivery Manager
- The Delivery Manager owns the Delivery Model and Tools - they should review and confirm with the Delivery Manager to confirm the Tools and processes being used
- The Delivery Manager should review activities against the WBS and inform the Project Manager of any delays or risks against these activities and days assigned
- The Delivery Manager to work in conjunction with the Project Manager in relation to the Project Scope, ensuring that the deliverables are in accordance with the Scope of Work - highlighting any instances of potential scope creep and where an Out of Scope item is raised to enable a Change Request
- The Delivery Manager is responsible for the documentation of requirements, schedule and WBS for any Change Requests within the Project
- The Delivery Manager is to confirm the completion of deliverables against milestones and stage reviews
- Degree in Software Engineering or related discipline
- Proven experience in a senior technical role within a system integrator or Software Consultancy practice
- Minimum 3 Years experience in managing teams, defining & assigning Work Packages
- Experience in Agile methodologies and DevOps tools.
- Minimum 5 years Smallworld experience.
- Must know PNI and Telco Technologies.
Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided:
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willing to travel to Customer sites in EMEA, up to 50%
- German speaking preferable