Job Description Summary
Leads and coordinates the commercial and contractual aspects of the Hinkley Point C project construction site according to project and sub-contractual requirements pursuing commercial, financial and scheduling targets. This position is based on the construction site.Job Description General:
- Drive best contract management practices across the project site. Influence and engage with the relevant stakeholders. Engage with subcontractors, external business partners and internal stakeholders on commercial site matters, targeting improvement of projects profitability, cost saving and customers' satisfaction.
Site Customer issues
- Establish and implement a successful site commercial execution strategy
- Lead a team of Site Commercial Managers
- Negotiate and sign construction subcontracts
- Ensure notices are given in line with contractual requirements. Manage claims to / from partners, insurers, and contractors.
- Overseeing the successful execution of site construction contracts according to agreed financial and qualitative targets.
- Train the Site team on commercial awareness
- Implement systems for creation and keeping of commercially relevant records
- Ensuring that all subcontract claims are managed in a proactive manner to the benefit of GE.
- Ensuring that subcontracts are administered & complied with to the benefit of GE.
- Optimising the financial result of GE for site construction contracts.
- Ensuring transparent feedback in order to improve the tender and budget preparation of future contracts.
- Strict observance and implementation of the Business EHS/Quality Policy and Compliance rules.
- Ensuring that team members are properly trained and receive the support they need to perform their duties.
Required Qulifications Mandatory
- Supporting project team on contractual issues focused on site (eg site correspondence, providing information to Project Manager (Commercial) for customer claims, keeping up to date claim event forms, insurance claims)
- Tracking all delays, related cost and damages and disputed issues at Site, and advising mitigation plan to Site Manager
- Monitoring Contractual Milestones and reviewing Project Schedule periodically with project planners/schedulers
- Attending daily, Weekly, Monthly, Start-up, Site Management & Progress review meetings to capture/ identify the delays, damages and disputed issues
- Maintaining delay event (Construction/ Commissioning) logs and in co-ordination with the Project Manager (Commercial) a back-charge Claims log with customer
- Ensure that all non-budged costs including delay are properly identified and classified, and claim notifications are submitted in accordance with contractual obligations
- Compiling backup documentation for delays, claims, back- charges and rejections
- In co-ordination with the Project Manager (Commercial), manage insurance claims in accordance with contractual obligations and insurance policies. Interface with the loss adjusters.
- High Degree in an appropriate technical subject (e.g. Quantity Surveying, Civil Construction or Engineering or Legal).
- Additional Project Management and/or Commercial or legal education.
- 10 years of experience as Site Contract Manager preferably in the power industry on large/complex projects.
- People leadership experience
- Good commercial knowledge for assessing business risks and opportunities to undertake commercial negotiations
- Good knowledge of construction contracts and contract law
- Good knowledge of claims management
Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided:
- Proven experience in the administration and contractual management of capital construction projects (power plants, petrochemical plants, civil and infrastructure building projects etc).
- Relevant professional registration would be beneficial
- Good commercial and legal knowledge
- Strong in building relationships with clients, suppliers and contractors
- Independently working
- Planning, Organization, Negotiation and Presentation Skills
- Strategic thinking, Creative and innovative
- Open to criticism, able to handle conflicts
- Achievement and goal orientated
- Cultural awareness and team player
- Trustworthy, Reliable, and Dependable
- Excellent computer skills in using MS-Windows and Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)