We are Meggitt, we work closely with our customers, and we deliver technologically differentiated systems and products with high certification requirements in Aerospace, Defence and selected Energy markets. At Meggitt our key values are collaborating and building trusted global relationships through TEAMWORK, conducting ourselves with INTEGRITY, striving for operational EXCELLENCE. These core values allow us to become the great company we are today with over 12,000 employees across the globe.
With over 160 years of history, innovation's at the heart of everything we do in our aerospace, defence and selected energy markets. Joining Meggitt means you're helping to deliver our vision > - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
We'll help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we're working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence.
Enable your extraordinary. Join us and be part of our Meggitt team.
Our Airframe Systems division brings together an extensive range of skills and abilities to support some of the world's leading commercial, business and military aircraft manufacturers.
- Performs a variety of complex mechanical and/or electromechanical assembly operations in accordance with company instructions and procedures
- Conducts inspections of own and /or other associates work to insure correctness in accordance with company and /or customer drawing
- Applies process specifications governing the production of product within an assigned cell
- Records production time and quantity data at the cell
- Assists with training /development purposes, with tasks in other production cells/locations
- Actively demonstrates all safety policies and procedures
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Job Specifications Education
: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations is preferred. Certifications
: Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field Years Experience
: 5-7 years of relevant experience Skills
- Able to perform complex mechanical and/or electromechanical assembly operation
- Capable of solving problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on existing precedents or procedures
- Skilled at simple welding tasks and/or brazing, or soldering
- Ability to read and interpret company documents, such as safety rules, operating/manufacturing instructions, policies and procedures
- Good manual dexterity required to work with small parts
- Effective oral and written communication