National Counter Terrorism Policing are seeking x2 Business Change Managers to join their team. This role is remote working until restrictions ease, then flexible options thereafter.
Initial contracts will run for 6 months and offer a rate up to £550/day.
IR35 STATUS: Inside IR35. This engagement has been assessed by the public body as Inside IR35 legislation. Candidates would be required to operate through an umbrella company on this engagement.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 14/05/2021 at 15:00
This role requires Active SC (Security Check) clearance. Applicants require active SC clearance or the willingness to go through clearance before starting on site. Candidates with current clearance will be preferred.
The Role – Hiring Manager Summary and Key Tasks
Working within CTPHQ Change Pillar, the Business Change Manager will be responsible for the day to day management and implementation of the Business Change Framework and methodology, and provision of tools, training, guidance and assurance at portfolio, programme or project level - across the national and London Counter Terrorism & Protective Security (CT & PS) portfolio, including both centrally managed projects and programmes and also those ‘business delivered’ changes managed at Regional level.
The role will need to work closely with:
- The project teams to ensure business change activities are fully understood and incorporated into the project implementation plan.
- Other members of staff within the Portfolio Management Office, especially the Benefits Management Officer(s), and with relevant staff working on Benefits Management within programme/project teams, to ensure that business change is aligned to benefits realisation plans.
- The CT Change Network, i.e. Regional Change Teams, to ensure that they have the required project information, skills and capability to manage change within their regions, and that the cumulative impact of change at regional level is understood and managed.
- Business Change resources working within programme/project teams, to ensure that the business change approach aligns to Portfolio methodology and that they are linking in appropriately with the CT Change Network.
- HR and Communications colleagues within CTPHQ to collectively manage the ‘people impacts’ of business change across the CT Network.
- The Strategic Design Authority, to ensure that design is realistically deliverable from a business perspective and that the CT Change Network is engaged in the business assurance of design where appropriate.
The role may involve some periods of full/part-time forward deployment to assist in business change on specific programmes/projects. The role will also involve a requirement to travel to regional CT(I)Us across England and Wales to support the Regional Change Teams.
- Support the Business Change and Benefits Realisation Lead in the day-to-day management and implementation of the business change policies, toolkits, guidance to ensure change interventions are identified and addressed to help realise benefits across the national CT Network and MPS Specialist Operations.
- Support the Business Change and Benefits Realisation Lead to establish and manage an effective national Change Network and/or other required and agreed change mechanisms with CT operational colleagues (senior leaders and management team members who are ‘business change owners’) across the country, in order to ensure business change is understood, planned, communicated and managed effectively.
- Ensure rigorous, objective business change documents (e.g. change impact and readiness assessments, stakeholder analysis and mapping, communication and engagement plans) are undertaken, recommending or developing interventions to mitigate any negative implications and ensuring positive impacts are identified and realised.
- Develop business change solutions or interventions to help overcome potential barriers, improve performance and ensure the smooth delivery of the programme / projects objectives.
- Effectively capture, utilise and share insight and views from a diverse range of change stakeholders to ensure better policy and delivery.
- Consider and include in delivery approaches and mitigation planning the cumulative impact on business areas of implementing the change (culture, structure, services and morale), and escalate these trends / issues to the Business Change and Benefits Realisation Lead.
- Work with Regional Change Teams to build their change management capability and to facilitate the use of Business Change tools and techniques to ensure that change is managed effectively at regional level.
- Work with HR and Communications colleagues to ensure that the ‘people impacts’ of change are understood and that change messages are joined up across the Portfolio and the network.
- Work with the Benefits Manager to ensure business change interventions are identified and addressed to help realise benefits across the national CT Portfolio.
- Work with the Strategic Design Authority to ensure that design is realistically deliverable from a business perspective and that the Change Network are engaged in business assurance of regional design where appropriate.
- Actively engage and coach those responsible for delivery of programmes and projects, to embed the use of Portfolio business change tools and encourage an inclusive working culture.
- Responsibility for writing the business change sections of business cases.
- Use information to judge business change to support effective decision-making.
- Ability to provide effective challenge to support delivery of business change management.
- Ability to support people with limited knowledge of effective business change management.
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills, and able to meet demanding deadlines in a pressured environment.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and tactfully with people at all levels.
- Good facilitation skills, with the ability to elicit information and agreement from audiences of varying backgrounds.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, across all levels including stakeholder engagement skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Self-starter, confident and capable of working both independently and collaboratively to tight deadlines with plenty of initiative.
- Strong IT skills in the use of Microsoft products, especially MS Word and PowerPoint.
Essentials - Experience
- Experience of facilitating groups balancing conflicting opinions, building consensus as necessary.
- Experience of listening and understanding the needs and experiences of customers and using these to develop solutions or interventions to improve performance and achieve organisational outcomes.
- Experience of business change - including planning, managing and implementing change delivered by projects/programmes/portfolios in the business.
- Experience at supporting the management of organisational change blockers and issues to resolution.
- Previous experience of working in (local) government, a security agency or policing is essential.
- A clear understanding and knowledge of CT Policing including London (MPS), National (UK Force wide) and international responsibilities
- A clear understanding of CT Policing relationships to Government, security and intelligence agencies and legislative process including their governance arrangements.
- Change Management: Practitioner - Essential
- Managing Successful Programmes: Foundation - Desirable
- Certificate in Business Analysis: Foundation - Desirable
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas are cannot be accepted. This role requires that candidates be willing to undergo BPSS (DS) Baseline Personnel Security Standard (with a Disclosure Scotland).
Other Job Postings
Visit https://quast.workable.com for all current Quast recruitment job vacancies.