National Counter Terrorism Policing are seeking x2 Project Managers’ to join their team. This role is remote working until restrictions ease, then flexible options thereafter.
Initial contracts will run for 6 months and offer a rate up to £550/day.
IR35 STATUS: Inside IR35. This engagement has been assessed by the public body as Inside IR35 legislation. Candidates would be required to operate through an umbrella company on this engagement.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 14/05/2021 at 15:00
This role requires Active SC (Security Check) clearance. Applicants require active SC clearance or the willingness to go through clearance before starting on site. Candidates with current clearance will be preferred.
The Role – Hiring Manager Summary
Working within the National Counter Terrorism Policing Headquarters (NCTPHQ), the Project Manager will be responsible for providing support to the Senior Project Manager and Programme Manager for the successful delivery of specific projects and work packages within the national and/or London Counter Terrorism, Domestic Extremism and Protective Security (CT/DE & PS) change portfolio. The Project Manager will be directly accountable to and line managed by a Senior Project Manager, and work flexibly across the change portfolio, deployed on specific change project(s) as requested.
The post holder may work on business change project delivery across the national CT/DE/PS policing network.
When deployed on national or London CT & PS change project(s), the Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of specific programme or project management products; project plans; risk and issue registers - tracking and monitoring updates; managing escalations and effective change control.
The Project Manager may also be responsible for managing the end-to-end delivery of specific project work packages as directed by the Senior Project Manager and/or Programme Manager.
The Project Manager will be able to seek professional guidance from specialists either in a dedicated Programme Management Office (PMO) or the Portfolio Management Office (PfMO), and will ensure implementation of programme / project management processes and standards, as defined by the Portfolio Office Centre of Excellence.
- Manage discrete projects or project work packages as assigned and overseen by the Senior Project Manager
- Support the Senior Project Manager / Programme Manager to ensure the project(s) maintain a defined PPM maturity, as directed by the Portfolio Office.
- Support the Senior Project Manager/Programme Manager in facilitating and coordinating workshops to assist in the development of programme and project management products.
- Support to the Senior Project Manager/Programme Manager to create and maintain consistently high quality, accurate and relevant programme and project level governance products (e.g. delivery RAG, dependency logs, project plans, risks and issues register, benefits realisation plan, financial data, resource / workforce data).
- Support to the Senior Project Manager/Programme Manager to establish programme and project Change Control Request (CCR) template and process, and that all change governance decisions and actions are proactively followed through effectively and audited appropriately.
- Maintain summary of Programme/Project resources including organisation charts and trackers.
- Support to Senior Project Manager / Programme Manager to establish and manage regular reporting cycles, ensuring highlight reports are submitted into the PMO or PfMO in accordance with reporting timelines and appropriate summary dashboards are prepared to enable effective decision making.
- Manage effective and efficient standards, practices and processes, ensuring that all parts of the reporting framework are managed in a consistent and controlled way, so that the deliverables needed by the Project / Programme Board are correct, timely and fit for purpose.
- Assist Senior Project Manager / Programme Manager with budget control, and maintaining status reports.
- Ability to analyse and use programme and project management information to support effective decision making.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring that reporting and change control products are accurate and contain the necessary information to support effective decision making.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and tactfully with people at all levels.
- Good facilitation skills, with the ability to elicit information and agreement from audiences of varying backgrounds.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, across all levels including stakeholder engagement skills.
- Highly organised and able to meet demanding deadlines in a pressured environment.
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Self-starter, confident and capable of working both independently and collaboratively to tight deadlines with plenty of initiative.
- Strong IT skills in the use of Microsoft Products.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of working within a project and programme management environment.
- Knowledge of or direct experience in applying programme and project management approaches such as MSP and PRINCE2.
- Some projects may require experience in a technical/ICT environment. Please indicate if this applicable.
- Experience of establishing and implementing reporting and change control mechanisms in a project and/or programme or business environment.
- Previous experience of working in (local) government, a security agency or policing is desirable.
- PRINCE2: Practitioner (or recognised industry equivalent qualification).
- Minimum SC Clearance. Candidates must be prepared to go through the clearance process if not already cleared.
- Candidates must be prepared to go through and successfully obtain additional security clearance, known as STRAP, if required.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas are cannot be accepted. This role requires that candidates be willing to undergo BPSS (DS) Baseline Personnel Security Standard (with a Disclosure Scotland).
Other Job Postings
Visit https://quast.workable.com for all current Quast recruitment job vacancies.