DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Your daily role responsibilities with our company will be as follows:
- Provides expeditious support services (including technical help desk and emergency on-site assistance) to ensure key information systems remain operational.
- Assists in the maintenance of the operational and support
environments for the software of all assigned systems.
- Performs analysis, detailed problem diagnosis/resolution,
programming, testing, writing documentation and participating in reviews, walkthroughs and audits.
- Participates in the definition, acquisition and implementation of new system engineering requirements.
- Co-operates with appropriate authorities on Quality Assurance and Configuration Control issues.
- Monitors design, program and interface specifications during acquisition and operation phase and maintains user and system documentation during operational phase.
If you have passion for the work described above, here are the required qualifications we are looking for:
- Recent experience with the design development or maintenance of systems built with the Service Oriented Architecture.
- Graduate in Engineering: Physics, IT, Computer or Software.
- Knowledge and extended experience in implementation of Web Map Services (WMS).
- Experience and knowledge of the web based METOC applications (NAMIS, Visual Weather, Online Weather etc.).
- Experience with PostgreSQL DBMS.
- Experience with version control in a CM environment.
- Experience of systems support and maintenance in the NATO environment.
- Experience in GIS Systems technologies and protocols.
- Experience in NATO networks infrastructure.
- General knowledge in NATO Change Management Process.
- General knowledge in NATO Functional Area Services.
- General knowledge in NATO Commend Structure (ACO, ACT etc.).
- In possession of an active National or NATO Secret security clearance
- Ability to live and work in duty location unencumbered
MCR is a fast-growing global company headquartered in McLean, VA that supports defense and civilian agencies, NATO, and European ministries that face some of the most complex mission challenges in the world. If you are the best at what you do, we are looking for you. At MCR, you will contribute to programs and projects that matter—to your career, to your fellow citizens, and to your nation. You will use the latest technologies, techniques, and tools. You will be trusted to work independently and make decisions. You’ll be rewarded with top-tier compensation and benefits.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MCR, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn why so many of your highly qualified colleagues are already working at MCR. Check our open positions for opportunities to give your career a distinct edge.
Learn more at MCRI.com/Careers