Our client, a large government customer, are seeking a Software Safety Engineer to join their team. The role is based in Bristol. The role requires SC clearance.
Requirements are scheduled to run for 110 days.
Rate: £450 - £550/day
IR35 STATUS: Inside IR35. Our client has indicated that they intend to operate the engagement as Inside IR35. Candidates would be required to operate through an umbrella company on this engagement. The rates above represent rate payable to the umbrella co.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 13/05/2021 at 10:00
Detailed Role Description
- The term “Software” used throughout this document also includes the programmable aspects of programmable hardware. The customer uses the term “Programmable Elements”, for the purpose of this form the terms are interchangeable.
- A Software Safety Engineer required that is able to act as a ‘controlling’ mind in advising Senior Safety accountable and responsible personnel on delivery of safety programmes and artefacts.
- The Software Safety Engineer shall be responsible for shaping the strategy and raising awareness of high integrity software.
- The Software Safety Engineer shall inform the concept phase software safety requirements and opportunities.
- The Software Safety Engineer shall conduct software Technical Evaluations (TE) as part of a review for department systems.
- The Software Safety Engineer shall act as SME to ensure compliance with relevant UK safety legislation, regulation and policy.
- The Software Safety Engineer shall act as SME to ensure systems are qualified to internationally recognised safety standards
The Software Safety Engineer will be required to:
- Deliver against the overarching programme and established safety management plan.
- Evolve and advise the software safety programme to de-risk delivery and capitalise on opportunities.
- Work to produce software safety artefacts to time and quality requirements.
- The Software Safety Engineer shall provide advice to ensure the programme will deliver artefacts to demonstrate that policy, legislation and regulation have been met and that assets are demonstrably safe.
- The Software Safety Engineer will be required to represent at required safety engagements, including regulatory interface, and have the ability to brief up and down.
- The Software Safety Engineer will be responsible for the day-to-day activity, delivering against agreed activity and tasks.
Resource Essential Skills / Experience
- Understand the importance and relevance of software development processes for safety.
- Be able to specify the necessary steps for software safety, including delivery of claims, arguments and evidence.
- Provide guidance and ensure contractors develop the necessary deliverables.
- Be able to build the case to demonstrate the safety of software to enable an Independent Technical Evaluation (ITE) and assurance against regulation. All other (non-energetic) systems within the weapon shall be qualified to internationally recognised safety standards.
- Systems safety management.
- Safety Management Systems.
- Software Safety Legislation, Regulation, Conventions and policy.
- Software Safety Requirements.
- Through Life Safety Management.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas are cannot be accepted.
Other Job Postings
Visit https://quast.workable.com for all current Quast recruitment job vacancies.