Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision > - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
With over 160 years of history, innovation's at the heart of everything we do in our aerospace, defence and selected energy markets Our global approach to lean manufacturing is the driving force on our journey to operational excellence and our goal to provide the best technology, products and service to our Customers.
We'll help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we're working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence.
your extraordinary. Join us and be part of our diverse Meggitt team.
The role will be to manage multiple internal stakeholders (including Manufacturing, Engineering, Procurement, Quality functions, etc.) to scope, coordinate, track and deliver product development, NPI and operational improvement projects for our aerospace product manufacture.
The ideal candidate will have an engineering or scientific background applied in the aerospace manufacturing environments. Candidates must demonstrate that they have a track record of delivering sustainable change initiatives and results as part of a structured and planned process. The candidate will also need to have demonstrated project management experience, innovative problem solving, excellent organisational skills and development of high performing teams.
- Drives the project team from proposal to delivery
- Plan, track and deliver the projects on time, on quality and in budget
- Fully responsible for all aspects of the equipment/deliverables and for ensuring the allocated team delivers to customer satisfaction.
- Be the primary point of contact for the project customers, internal and external.
- Ensure effective focus on mitigation of project risk to ensure successful completion
- Ensure full adherence to the business' programme lifecycle management process
- Provide inputs to regular Project reviews and other relevant business reviews and in line with the business lifecycle management process.
- Ensure strong links with other departments and stakeholders to deliver sustainable results
- Background and qualifications in an Engineering, Scientific or other relevant aerospace subjects.
- Must have good knowledge of managing projects and people, both locally and remotely, on a day-to-day basis.
- APM, Prince2 or similar qualification would be beneficial
- Proven track record of delivering NPI or operational improvement projects under challenging timescales with cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills in communication, delegation and motivation.
- Good analytical skills to be able to challenge the core team constantly, achieving best value for the business.
- Good communication skills to enable discussion and presentation of complex issues and solutions
- Demonstrated 'Lead by example' behaviour, casting the right shadow
Meggitt is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business and that building a culture of respect and appreciation will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential. Meggitt