Join us as a Risk & Issue Lead in London ??? SEO Level
**If you have the appetite to work on issues that directly impact the public and have the drive and determination to play a critical role in enabling change within this exciting role, then read on**
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance, and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever ??? and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
We are currently recruiting for interesting and exciting positions at the Home Office. The Home Office keeps the UK secure and prosperous; protects its citizens, residents and visitors and their property; and upholds rights, liberties, and the rule of law. We lead on immigration and passports, drugs policy, crime and fire policy, counterterrorism, and work to ensure visible, responsive, and accountable policing in the UK.
Why Join Home Office?
The Home Office is the lead government department for immigration, passports, policing, and counterterrorism. Digital solutions are helping us to provide clearer, faster services that meet the needs of our users - like renewing a passport or getting permission to visit the UK. We also build internal systems that provide staff with access to the data they need to keep the streets safe and the country secure.
These are challenging areas that can rapidly change in the global environment we work in making us one of the most exciting and stimulating government departments in which to work.
If you work with Home Office, you'll be making a real difference to the people of this country as well as setting the pace for new technology within the national infrastructure.
ESN is a pan-government, cross departmental, programme based within the Home Office. The programme has representation from the Emergency Services at both operational and departmental levels and has close working involvement from the suppliers of the ESN technology. This is an exciting programme, delivering cutting edge technology which will directly impact people???s lives.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to work on one of Governments biggest programmes supporting the essential services provided by our Emergency Services.
The Role of a Risk & Issue Lead
There is an opportunity to join this dynamic PMO team as a PMO Risk Lead who must support the ethos of the PMO to develop a new culture of excellence across project delivery, with a can-do attitude; are pro-active and are serious about advancing their career in the Programme/Project Management Office profession.
The grade level of a PMO Risk Lead will generally be aligned to the level of support required by a specific project. You will need to be enthusiastic and pro-active.
It is expected that if successful in securing the role, you will have the capability to be an active leader in the PMO Profession and possibly work towards becoming a specialist in a PMO specific functional area of Risk.
Typical Role Responsibilities
- Leading the development, implementation and oversight of the Programme Risk and Issue Logs, Assurance of Workstream Risk and Issue Logs, Risk, and Issue governance reporting dashboards.
- Identifying, describing, and estimating the risks affecting the business.
- Supporting governance and risk reporting to stakeholders and senior meetings.
- Determine weekly priorities and activities and assign tasks to the HEOs in the team.
- Embedding the risk and issue management processes, updating policies and procedures as necessary
- Promoting compliance with risk and issue management policies, ensuring lessons learned are captured and inform future risk and issue management responses.
- Provide assurance on the effectiveness of the risk and issue management process
- Lead professional stakeholder relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and act as the lead point of contact.
- Actively support the Head of PMO, Head of Profession and Programme Managers when required
- Establish a personal SMART development career plan to demonstrate commitment in progressing in the Programme/Project Management Office profession.
- Strong and in-depth knowledge of Programme Wide Risk & Issue Management across large and complex programmes
- Excellent stakeholder management experience and 3rd party supplier engagement
- Excellent reporting capabilities and knowledge
- Has an awareness of visible leadership, working with ambiguity, inspiring others, and culture change?
- Has a working level knowledge of credible action, collaboration, influencing, conflict resolution, resilience, and innovation?
- Owner of the Risk Management governance process and capability on behalf of the ESMCP Programme
- Owner of the Lessons Learned Management governance process
- Owner of Exception Reporting Management governance process
- Interface with Dependency Lead, Planner and Change Lead
- Experience of leading board meetings with SLT/ELT
- Good attention to detail, proactive, and able to work in a fast-paced environment, flexible when a requirement changes last minute or with ad-hoc reporting requests
- Excellent experience of Dependency Management, Milestone Tracking and Change
- Good Commercial and financial acumen, understanding contractual, commercial, and financial impacts
- Excellent knowledge of metric reporting
- Experience of working with multiple PMO???s across several workstreams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an understanding of the use of different channels and formats for different audiences
- Ability to manage own time and priorities effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to build effective relationships with colleagues at every level within an organisation, working effectively as a part of a cross functional team
- Good organisational skills, and the ability to develop and implement effective administrative processes
- A high attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and in particular PowerPoint.
- Recognised qualification in risk management or project management (e.g. APMQ, MoR, Prince2)
- Experience of working with the Emergency Services.
- Experience with MS Project
- Good awareness of commercial and financial management.
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the very best of luck with your application
Please note successful applicants will be expected to go through vetting and Security Clearance