Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
With over 160 years of history, innovation's at the heart of everything we do in our aerospace, defence and selected energy markets Our global approach to lean manufacturing is the driving force on our journey to operational excellence and our goal to provide the best technology, products and service to our Customers.
We'll help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we're working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence.
your extraordinary. Join us and be part of our diverse Meggitt team.
Provides local leadership for the quality activities & performance of the supply base, Quality Engineering function, Inspection function, Compliance Team. Provides competent quality professionals into each value stream to drive the short to long term strategies.
- Supports the Head of Quality in the development and implementation of short, medium and long term objectives with respect to product assurance and quality
- Drives the deployed leading indicators within the function and in supports other functions as appropriate
- Responsible for managing collation of data key site metrics, & reporting them to the Head of Quality
- Responsible for the training of all direct reports, ensuring that the skills are relevant for the location that the team members have been deployed
- Responsible to ensure a pattern of rotation of the team members throughout the various value streams
- Leads daily functional meetings with functional team members (QE's)
- Driving a RFT programme across the facility that drives improvement across all processes ensuring processes are repeatable and predictable
- Management of supplier quality
- Be able to lead APQP for the Quality function
- Developing a 'zero defect' mind set to the manufacturing processes
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Conversant with the requirements of ISO9001, and AS/EN9100, 9110, 9120 and customer Quality requirements
- Post-Secondary Degree in Quality Assurance or equivalent
- AS9110 Certified Lead Auditor or equivalent experience in related field
- Familiar and understanding of current regulatory requirements issued by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and UK MOD
- Solid knowledge of Part 21 G & Part 145
- Keen analytical skills with a high level of attention to details in order to prepare statistical analysis
- Ability to make technical and managerial decisions which will have a significant effect on Quality Assurance
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams as well as communicate effectively with all internal and external customers and employees in a timely and effective manner
- Manage all customer concerns and be the point of contract for external communications
- A strong Leader that is able to plan and direct technical efforts
Meggitt is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business and that building a culture of respect and appreciation will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.