The Category Manager is part of the Category Management team within the Supply Chain Management organisation and reports to the Senior Category Manager for the same category group.
Alongside category strategies and strategic sourcing activities like competitive bidding and contract negotiation the role will include supplier relationship management and contract management activities. The Category Manager will be responsible for working collaboratively with stakeholders to develop and implement category strategies to solve business problems and working innovatively with the suppliers to achieve mutually beneficial relationships, whilst mitigating risk.
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
Location - Reading area
This is an exciting time to join the AWE Supply Chain Management, as the function is rolling out an ambitious and challenging transformation programme and this role will play an important role in the transformation.
Specific duties of the Category Manager include:
- Develop, implement and execute Category Strategies for assigned categories, balancing short and long-term objectives to meet business strategy and efficiencies in alignment with business stakeholders, leveraging market dynamics and mitigating risk
- Work with various level stakeholders to understand their requirements
- Execute the end to end strategic sourcing process for assigned categories, to deliver business requirements and to secure resilience in the supply chain
- Execute Supplier Relationship Management for key suppliers who have a significant impact on AWE business, with the objective of managing risk, managing performance and extracting more value from the supplier base
- Lead and support contract management activities
Category Manager applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Experience of developing and delivering procurement category management strategies
- Sourcing, supplier selection and negotiation experience
- The ability to support change and transformation
- The ability to foster excellent relationships with stakeholders
- Can demonstrate innovative working with suppliers
- Relevant category experience
- Experience in working within a Public Procurement scenario is desirable but not essential
All candidates must be able to apply for and maintain the correct security clearance for this role.