L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – Electronics Engineer
Job Location – Brighton, UK
Job ID – SAS20210503-57626
About the role:
We are seeking two Electronics Engineers to join our Brighton based Engineering team in new roles to be responsible for the entire electronics lifecycle from problem definition, design, development, debug and manufacture. You will work closely with the Production and Design teams to generate conceptual solutions and designs, to produce detailed CAD design layouts and manufacturing drawings in an electro/mechanical design environment.
Responsibilities of the role:
- To develop electronic concepts based on abstract schemes and/or customer specifications whilst considering the interaction with system and other design requirements.
- Analyse electrical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Develop block diagrams and interface control documentation.
- Conduct experimental tests & evaluate results.
- Select suitable components & equipment based on analysis of specifications & reliability requirements.
- Participate in and conduct design reviews on behalf of the company and present technical briefings as required.
- Ability to assess vendor capability to support development.
- Liaise with manufacturers and production engineering department.
Experience & Skills:
- Electronic design experience with a relevant degree qualification
- Ability to generate schematics to meet design requirements from first principles
- Experience in all aspects of PCB design/layout
- Proven knowledge of electro-mechanical systems
- Understanding of implementation of motors, solenoids and their control systems.
- Understanding and appreciation of both digital and analogue electronic disciplines.
- Understanding of material properties and selection criteria for application.
- Manufacturing methods suitable for the design intent.
- Experience of using Altium (for schematic capture and PCB layout)
- Experience in 4+ layer flex-rigid PCB design
- Firmware design knowledge
- VHDL / Verilog
- Understanding design and implementation of CPLD / EPLD within designs
- Hands on mechanical experience, i.e. using machine tools and general assembly an advantage.
- Ability to understand customer specifications to ensure the design meets all EMC/EMI requirements
- Ability to write test procedures to support test activities to prove compliance
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.