Simulation and Modelling Engineer
Bristol (opportunity for blended on-site/remote working)
Salary: Up to £45,000 + Bonus + Paid Overtime + Excellent Benefits
We have an opportunity for a Simulation & Modelling Engineer to join and exciting and dynamic team to develop and maintain performance models to evaluate and prove sophisticated systems.
Our department has responsibility for model development and maintenance in the following domains:
- Management of performance models and studies
- Mathematical modelling of high performance, dynamic systems (including sub system components and system environment)
- Verification and validation
This will include:
- Initial feasibility and concept proving studies
- Design development and trade-off studies
- Ground testing
- Post-trials analysis for detailed trial evaluation
- Modelling for integration and verification of externally supplied components
What are we're looking for?
- A Degree or Masters in an Engineering, Mathematics or Science related subject.
- A good understanding of simulation environments (e.g. MATLAB and Simulink, or similar) and programming languages (e.g. FORTRAN, C/C++).
- Understanding of change and configuration control processes is considered an advantage (e.g. Rational Team Concert).
- Ability to identify and solve sophisticated problems and gather the information needed to drive through to ultimate solutions.
- Ability to visualise and analyse complex systems.
Our client understands that flexibility benefits their people, teams and business; wherever possible they will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
****Unfortunately we can only accept applications from British Nationals due to Security Clearance requirements of course if you currently hold SC Clearance it could be a quicker transfer process.****