Join us as a Project Procurement Support Officer with the Home Office ??? HEO LevelRemote (London/Liverpool/Manchester), Full-time, Permanent
Why Join the Home Office?This role is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and innovative person to be at the forefront of change in one of the great Departments of State. We are delivering significant transformation in order to continue keeping our citizens safe and our country secure. New technology and the fast-evolving nature of the threats we face mean we must adapt, and adapt fast, and with the UK leaving the EU, the need for change is greater than ever.
We need to boost our business analysis capacity: to achieve this the post holders will provide a key link between current and future business models, supporting and enhancing delivery on large scale and/or complex projects and programmes. The right person for this role will have a proven track record of business analysis, including in agile environments, with the ability to translate strategy and end-to-end business design into detailed outcomes relating to change initiatives.
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever ??? and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
We are currently recruiting for interesting and exciting positions at the Home Office. The Home Office keeps the UK secure and prosperous; protects its citizens, residents and visitors and their property; and upholds rights, liberties and the rule of law. Leading on immigration and passports, drugs policy, crime and fire policy, counter-terrorism and work to ensure visible, responsive and accountable policing in the UK.
The Role of a Project Procurement Support Officer
Contribute to the Accounts Payable Function for NCDS and provide support to the Business Partners
Procurement lead within the Business Support Team, undertaking the procurement processes on behalf of NCDS operational delivery teams, such as creating and submitting Requests to Purchase (RTP???s), management of Purchase orders (POs) and the receipting of invoices or grant payments
- Lead the BST transactions hub, using weekly meetings with Finance and Commercial to address any issues surrounding PO generation, contracts, and invoices on hold. Liaise with Pod Owners and Team managers to ensure timely payments and with the CCU finance partner to ensure submission deadlines are met.
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers to address any issues they may be having (e.g. closed POs, credit notes, invoices on hold, late payments). Provide regular updates on a weekly basis to ensure suppliers are well informed at all stages of the procurement process.
- Run and review weekly Purchase Order reports (e.g. Invoices on Hold report). Provide BST finance and team leads with these reports where appropriate, prompting those responsible for invoices to approve payments. In addition, collate and present BST finance with procurement statistics for their monthly dashboard
- Track spend, PO generation and contract renewals by regularly updating and reviewing our central PO tracker. Ensure all grant payments, invoices and contracts are stored on the collaborative working environment so that information is available for audit.
- Provide regular summaries of the commercial activity within NCDS
- Take lead of the commercial pipeline tracker: Brainstorm and implement measures to increase its efficacy and readability. Discuss these measures with relevant parties and making changes where appropriate. Aim to increase the level of engagement by others by explaining the context and importance of the tracker to them.
- Establish a line of multi-disciplinary communication by organising and chairing scheduled meetings with Team Leads/ POD Owners. Prior to which, a structured and concise agenda will be provided. Maintain a strong rapport with all parties to enable continuous development and improvements to the tracker.
- Review and update the tracker on a weekly basis to ensure it contains the most recent developments. Share this information with commercial/teams so that outstanding tasks are actioned ahead of time. Show others how to use the tracker effectively so that we can get the most from its information
- Project support experience in any financial, accounts, procurement environment.
- Mathematical competency
- General ledger
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Financial Reporting
- Bespoke payment system.
- Oracle-based ERP
- Credit Notes
- General Payment teams on a government programme.
- AAT/CIMA/CIPFA or potential financial qualifications either completed or ongoing
- Valid SC clearance
Please note, successful candidates will be expected to go through vetting and Security Clearance.We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the very best of luck with your application.