Job Description Summary
We are looking for Engineering Managers (known internally to GE as Systems & Software Technical & People Leader) to grow and develop our engineering talent and build inclusive, high-performing cross functional teams. You will lead and manage teams that design and develop Controls based products for the Power Distribution and Controls business of GE Aviation Systems based in Cheltenham.
Your focus will be to work closely with your team day to day and be involved in the decisions of how work is completed, guiding your team through hard times and celebrating their successes. With this in mind, we require that you have an engineering background in a formal/regulated development environment such as Aviation, Automotive or Healthcare. Ideally your background would include Systems and/or Software Engineering experience however we would also be interested in hearing from Hardware Engineers. Your team will vary in size but typically be around 10 to 15 people.
You will collaborate with Project Managers, Technical Leads and Chief Engineers to deliver on customer needs. In addition, Engineering Managers drive initiatives to improve performance and lean out engineering processes.
Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working. Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team. Has significant input into priorities. Guided by professional practices and policies that are shaped by the role. The role has moderate autonomy, requiring high levels of operational judgment.Job Description Essential Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, motivation, and technical direction for your team
- Support, coach, develop and energise engineers through regular 1:1s, continuous feedback and relationships with others
- Partner with Project Managers, Technical Leads and Chief Engineers to build and deliver on product roadmaps
- Manage and co-ordinate outsource activities where additional resources are needed
- Define and execute initiatives and department strategies, helping us be a great place to work now and for the future
- Relevant degree from an accredited university or college or an equivalent amount of related experience
- Proven experience in a program or project leadership role within a formal/regulated engineering environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated effective team building ability
- Receptive to new concepts and ideas
- Speaks with candour and transparency
- Boundaryless leadership style
GE supports and encourages flexible working arrangements, where possible, and recognises the benefits to employees of having a positive work-life balance.
- Knowledge of certification processes within an aviation environment
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website.
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS Closing date Tuesday 27th April
#LI-RT1Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided: