• Minimum 3 years experience with incident management processes
• Minimum 3 years experience with NATO FAS Service Operation support
• Hands on experience with ITSM tool including reporting, process workflows, and Service Delivery KPI definition, analysis and monitoring
• Minimum 3 years experience with NATO FAS Service Delivery to missions and operations
• Experience Microsoft SQL Server
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture: Web services and associated components
• Experience with one or more scripting languages, at least MS Power Shell.
• Experience with Service Federation principles
• Experience in installing and supporting application services.
• Fluency in English: 3232 (Listening, speaking, reading and writing).
The work both oral and written in the post and in the Headquarter as a whole is conducted in English.
• Knowledge and experience with the configuration and administration of Windows OS and RDBMS.
• Knowledge and experience with process automation (backups, restore, reporting).
• Experience of systems support and maintenance in the NATO environment.
• Experience in installing and supporting NCIA FAS systems.
Duties & Role:
Troubleshooting. Take appropriate and effective action where possible to troubleshoot hardware and/or software related problems occurring in the fielded FAS baselines, and where necessary request assistance of counterparts in other NCIA branches or in sister support agencies for solving system related problems.
Organize/Administer user help requests. Requests must be logged, solved and forwarded to the 2nd level support. The elapsed time in order to handle the requests must be monitored and priorities must be recommended to the system manager as necessary
Provide Technical Assistance. Replying to incoming requests for technical assistance from both NATO and National users on the site. The requests can cover software, data communications system and network configuration, licensing issues, and documentation System Administration, Operation and Maintenance for the FAS
domain. This includes but not be limited to:
- configuring and maintaining the network of new and legacy servers,
- installing the FAS baselines and related components, and
- managing system backups .
Install and Configure operating system and application software on operational FAS computers