Job Description Summary
The Data Scientist/Analytics Engineer will work individually or as part of a team to apply advanced analytics and develop solutions which bring demonstrable value to GE Aviation. You will be able to quickly assimilate customer requirements and translate these into working solutions. You will have a strong appreciation of how analytics will be deployed and used by our customers. In this role you will be continuously exercising your analytic expertise, domain and data knowledge and user experience skillset.Job Description Essential Responsibilities
Qualifications / Requirements
- Work with customers to capture data and analytics requirements.
- Develop, verify, and validate analytics to address customer needs and opportunities
- Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services.
- Perform exploratory and targeted data analyses using descriptive statistics and other methods.
- Perform data quality assessment, data cleansing and analytics
- Generate reports, annotated code, and other project artefacts to document and archive e.g. using version/source control systems
- Communicate methods, findings, and outcomes including to senior leaders and key stakeholders
- Engage across the global GE Aviation business, to ensure our Data Science approach is aligned and consistent with business needs
- Be directly accountable to Senior Director Data and Analytics providing clear and concise communications
- Ph.D. in a "STEM" subject (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) with a strong industrial focus, or Bachelors/Masters plus experience of analytics development for applications in a commercial/industrial setting or equivalent
- Strong analytical scripting skills. Python preferred or Matlab/R and willingness to learn Python.
- SQL experience
- Version Control experience (e.g. Github)
- Experience / awareness of big data platforms (e.g. Spark), advanced analytics, data science project life-cycle, LEAN methodology
- Interest in working in commercial Aviation
- Demonstrated skill in feature extraction and real-time analytics development and deployment
- Ability to get results fast - leveraging existing scripts, determining when adequate solutions or decision options are found, and correlate output to real-life outcomes.
- Construct timely, rapid analysis to prove/disprove a specific project or customer objective
- Demonstrated skill in defining and delivering customer value
- Understands the value proposition of existing technology capabilities and maps them to customer requirements to minimize incremental cost of development.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills, with cross-functional experience
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of team members, and consistently leverages these to achieve goals.
- Creates a trusting and cooperative environment fostering creativity and knowledge sharing.
- Demonstrated skill in critical thinking and problem solving methods
- Goes beyond merely presenting results, interprets the story told by the results: Tailors information and story to align with the audience
- Uses appropriate facilitation techniques to gain agreement or move others to action.
- Ability to work successfully in a global team environment
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, under the applicable UK immigration rules as may be in place from time to time, it may be that candidates who do not currently have the right to work in the UK may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled candidate who does not require sponsorship is available to take up the post. For further information please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website. Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided: