We are currently looking to recruit a G3 Data Architect working from one of our digital hubs: London, Bristol, Wakefield, Leicester, Warrington or Birmingham.
Enterprise Design Authority Technology is based within Digital Data & Technology (DDaT).
We work across the agency to build a mechanism for achieving the alignment of enterprise and solution, technology architectures to the NCA’s strategic direction.
This role will focus on the technical design elements of an exciting and challenging delivery of key operational capabilities within the NCA.
Working with the Senior Application Architect and the wider business, to create and deliver digital applications and web solutions. The post-holder will also work closely with different DevOps teams to coordinate and manage all aspects of software development effort to delivery.
• The post-holder will apply proven professional technical skills and a track-record in designing, building and implementing enterprise digital applications systems and services.
• Manage and participate in design governance and gate reviews making sure that project-embedded architects successfully prepare and complete design gates. Be an ambassador for the EDA in working with projects to embed the architectural design gates within the governance process.
• Develop and maintain application architecture principles, standards, blueprints, roadmaps and transitions states that underpin all IT design and delivery in the NCA.
• Support the work with projects to embed the architectural design gates within the overall governance process ensuring reference information is published, maintained and readily available.
• Maintain a broad and up-to-date knowledge of current state and emerging developments across applications; bring this knowledge and expertise to bear in the design of systems.
• Manage, coach and develop staff, work cooperatively with colleagues and stakeholders to promote high-performance, and manage issues relating to the performance and conduct of officers in line with NCA values.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
The following qualifications/skills are essential to the role and proof will be required at interview:
• Relevant IT, Systems Engineering or equivalent related qualifications or experience.
Please ensure the dates of any accreditations you are relying on, are entered on to the CV.
Should you progress to the assessment stage of the process, you will be required to provide a copy of the original certificate.
Failure to provide evidence at interview may result in your application not progressing to the next stage.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Communicating and Influencing
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- An in-depth knowledge of application architecture methodologies and frameworks, with experience of assuring application solutions, making recommendations to ensure compliance.
- Experience in conceiving, implementing and supporting software solutions in an enterprise environment.
- Experience of managing application transformation, both on-premises and within public cloud (specifically AWS and/or Microsoft Azure).
- Knowledge of application security standards and best practice such as OWASP, NCSC, ISO/IEC27017.
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check.
People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.
Successful candidates will be expected to have a medical.