2+ years function related experience;
- Experience in Configuration Management, Configuration Control and Status Accounting;
- Practical experience in usage of configuration management tools, in particular BMC ITSM
- Experience with ITIL change and configuration management best practices;
- Experience leading meetings and committees;
- Knowledge of Quality Management principles;
- Experience in operation of Change Advisory Boards (CAB).
- Training/Certifications: ITIL v3 Foundation
Education, Experience and Training (desirable):
- Experience in military organizations, operations and /or exercises
- Experience applying QA and IV&V procedures;
- Training/Certifications: Certificate in ITIL Expert Level in IT Service Management; Certificates of ITIL Intermediate Level, in particular Service Transition and /or Release Control and Validation.
Duties & Role:
- Liaises with NRF affiliates change managers to ensure a federated consistent Change Management process
- Liaises with necessary parties to co-ordinate proper assessments, change testing and implementation.
- Obtains approval for changes by creating work orders and assigning them to appropriate service owners and customer representatives;
- Evaluate all RFCs to ensure:
o Originators provide clear and complete Statements of Requirement and Justification;
o Originators provide all essential information and documentation to facilitate appropriate review, testing and assessment;
- Ensure appropriate assignment of categories, requested actions and priorities
- Collect and distribute all RFCs for CAB meetings, issues meeting agendas and Records of Discussion.
- Monitors the progress of all change activities.
- Closes Change Requests when implementation is successfully completed
- Confirm that deployment of all changes to services, systems, software and hardware are planned and coordinated/agreed with NRF affiliates, NCI Agency Service Lines, ChM, CSUs, Operations Centre, data centres and customers/users;
- Confirm that changes are following Agency Deployment Schedule
- Ensure, in conjunction with systems Release Manager and SLs, that all deployments can be rolled-back or remedied if unsuccessful;
- Ensure, in conjunction with requesters, that necessary plans, supporting materials and resources are made available to implementers to facilitate effective delivery of Early Life Support (ELS) and Service Operations;
- Ensure that deployment of new releases does not compromise integrity, availability (including data migration) and functioning of any components of deployed baseline, and; Ensure that deployments are measured for success and failure in conjunction with Quality Assurance and Quality Management practices to assure utility and warranty.
- Ensure that all lessons learned shall be incorporated into Continual Service Improvement (CSI).
- Verify that the Local Data Media Library (DML) has been updated