Job Description Summary
The Senior Project Manager will manage software implementation projects of GE software for electrical utilities as part of the new GE Digital business. The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership in successfully delivering Software solutions (like EMS, ADMS, Market systems, GIS,...), on time, on budget and with customer satisfaction, communicating business goals, programs, and processes. In this role he will utilize his experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.Job Description Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement software deployment projects at various customer work sites in the UK and abroad, including the activities of staff and subcontractors
- Manage the project budget and timeline and ensure the resources are available to complete the project within budget and on time in order to meet customer obligations
- Primary customer contact for the duration of each project. May commission, resolve specification issues, handle correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and negotiate/coordinate with staff as appropriate
- Proactively provide customers with product and services information and project updates
- Identify opportunities for customers to get the best value out of GE software
- Translate customer needs / requirements into detailed project plans while driving internal execution to meet project targets
- Manage a network of resources (including contractors) in support of project execution.
- Identify opportunities to expand the project in ways that bring value to our customer and satisfy our profitability requirements. Negotiate change orders with the customers
- Take part in the writing of reports that describe the results of a project
- Participate in the development of proposals for projects
- lead lessons learned exercise and be major stakeholder in the continuous improvement process
- Ensure that delivered products and services achieve highest quality and performance levels
- Professionally represent GE during all customer communications
- This role requires significant experience in the Services & Digital Project Management. Knowledge level is comparable to a Master's degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- At least 5 years (10 years preferred) of project management experience working in a dedicated project management role with responsibility for large scale IT projects
Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided:
- Previous experience in the software industry, preferably software services
- Understanding of GE software products such as e-terra, Power-On, Smallworld or equivalent is a plus
- Good technical background, with proven understanding of Windows and/or Unix based systems and complex software development for real-time environments.
- Strong PC skills required, including use of standard MS Office applications. Experience using PM and project planning software tools; (P6 Project preferred.)
- Knowledge of contract structure and familiarity with contractual terms required (T&Cs).
- Strong understanding of accounting/financial principles with the ability to create and analyze financial and project reports.
- Ability to delegate tasks and responsibilities appropriately and effectively manage project resources. Ability to effectively coordinate with other managers and senior level staff including sales, marketing, project delivery, and product leads.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to write professional and technical reports and procedures. Ability to make formal and informal presentations to technical and non-technical staff and customers.
- Proven sound negotiation and conflict management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.