The Bank of England is the UK's central bank. Our mission is to deliver monetary and financial stability for the British people.
The Bank of England is a diverse organisation. Each of its c.4,000 people are committed to public service and dedicated to promoting the good of the people of the United Kingdom by maintaining monetary and financial stability.
The Finance & Performance Directorate plays a critical role in protecting the Bank's financial position and reputation. The overall purpose of the Directorate is to contribute to the successful execution of the Bank's aims and objectives by ensuring it has an appropriate financial platform for its broader responsibilities, and for the challenges facing an organisation of more than 4,000 staff, with annual expenditure of circa £700mn.
The Finance & Performance Directorate has four main Divisions, Financial Reporting & Control, Financial Analytics & Insight, the Corporate Investment Portfolio Office and Finance Strategy. Job description
This role sits within the Finance Analytics & Insight Team and provides analytical and business partnering support to the front office areas of the Bank including performance management and reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
The front office business partner team is responsible for the support of the DGPRA, DGFS, DGMP and DGMB&R. The team plays a key role in providing effective financial management and control of the costs of these areas and also the onward cost recovery from industry and HMT. Role Requirements
Minimum (Essential) Criteria
- Preparation of regular cost and performance MI for Senior Executives in the front office areas
- Facilitation and analysis of monthly cost and headcount forecasts and annual budgets
- Build partnerships and strong relationships with stakeholders across the Bank and be able to work and communicate at various levels in the organisation
- Be a trusted and credible advisor to the business areas, providing financial support and ensuring compliance with financial procedures
- Working with stakeholders to prepare and present monthly performance information, including but not limited to forecasting and the annual budget ensuring they have been developed from a sound basis and key assumptions have been tested and challenged
- You will provide analysis and deliver insight that links business strategies to the financial information and be able to deliver these insights in innovative and clear ways that are tailored to the audience
- Support the review and challenge of investment business cases, ensuring that they represent value for money and include sound financial planning assumptions
- Collaborate and support the broader Finance & Performance directorate on adhoc analysis as and when required
The role holder needs to be a part qualified finance professional (a professional qualification with a recognised UK accounting body or equivalent) or working towards a financial qualification.
This role offers a base salary of between £35,000-£40,000(subject to experience and skillset). The total package also includes: •A non-contributory, career average pension giving you a guaranteed retirement benefit of 1/95th of your annual salary for every year worked. There is the option to increase your pension (to 1/50th) or decrease (to 1/120th) in exchange for salary through our flexible benefits programme each year. •A 7% benefits allowance with the option to take as salary or purchase a wide range of flexible benefits. •25 days annual leave with option to buy up to 13 additional days through flexible benefits. •Private medical insurance and income protection insurance There is an expectation you will have been in your current role for at least 2 years before applying for a new opportunity. You must currently be at the same grade or one scale below this position to be eligible to apply, you are not able to apply for a position more than one scale above your current scale. We anonymise applications so hiring managers will not be able to see your personal information when reviewing your submission, including your CV. Please fully complete the application form questions as requested as any incomplete submissions may not be reviewed.
- Ability to engage with and build effective relationships with stakeholders from across the Bank and at all level
- Strong excel skills with excellent attention to detail
- Experience of preparing PowerPoint slides
- Good organisational skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deliverables and ongoing change
- Ability to communicate financial information and analysis to stakeholders verbally and in writing
- Evidence of analytical ability
- An understanding and experience of working for public sector or similar organisations would be an advantage
- Exposure to investment appraisals would be an advantage
This role is open to job shares, flexible and part time working patterns.
The closing date for applications is 20/04/2021
Please apply online, ensuring that you answer the application questions and submit your CV and most recent PRS.