Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
With over 160 years of history, innovation's at the heart of everything we do in our aerospace, defence and selected energy markets Our global approach to lean manufacturing is the driving force on our journey to operational excellence and our goal to provide the best technology, products and service to our Customers.
We'll help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we're working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence.
your extraordinary. Join us and be part of our diverse Meggitt team.
The Meggitt IT Group (ITG) and Applications team work closely with functions across the global business to identify, develop and deploy manufacturing capability. The role will need to work closely with the business to shape and drive a delivery plan attending Discovery workshops, undertaking SAP design along with build test, deploy and support activities. The SAP Functional Analyst is accountable for ensuring the SAP solution provided to the customer is fit for purpose, consistent across businesses, aligns with the Meggitt SAP template and satisfies the business requirements.
Knowledge areas are SAP ECC 6.0 plus in-depth SAP knowledge of the modules for Sales and Commercial but as the role is broad other SAP modules will be beneficial.
Either as an individual or alongside a Business Analyst capturing, analysing and documenting business requirements, and responsible for ensuring that these requirements are delivered to the required level of quality through IT change projects and activities. Responsible for taking the requirements and defining and delivering the SAP solution working closely with the Project Manager and other team members. Responsible for building and maintaining application roadmaps and lifecycle plans aligning with the ITG strategy and direction.
This person will work closely with the ITG teams, SAP Architects, Project Managers, Senior Stakeholders and other business teams to understand current and future business requirements, products and operations, and to use this understanding to clearly articulate and document SAP requirements architecture, design and development teams.
The portfolio of projects is global and varied. Sample projects are the merging of manufacturing sites into one consolidated site, the migration of sites off their current ERP product onto SAP, the consolidation of company codes into one company code, enhancements to improve operational efficiency.
- Act as the subject matter expert to projects on SAP functional modules in the role arena and advise what the art of the possible is
- Elicit requirements using interviews, process reviews, shadowing, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task & workflow analysis. This will either be as an individual SAP Subject Matter Expert or in conjunction with a Business Analyst
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, identify and close gaps, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and SAP functional requirements and deliver appropriate artefacts on standard templates, including but not limited to Process Flows, Technical Design, Solution Design, User Stories, Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Act as the liaison between the customer community and the ITG teams regards SAP capability
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability, functionality and performance needs
- Experienced SAP Functional Analyst who is able to engage with business, extract business requirements and define a SAP solution.
- Must have worked in customized processes and solutions within the SAP arena
- Must have worked in RICEF developments, Exposure to BAPI, User exits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally
- Identify and manage senior stakeholders, evaluate their interests and establish effective communication channels
- Specify requirements for toolset adaptions, acceptance testing of implemented solutions, develop migration strategies and plans
- Provide Technical expertise within their functional area with the team
- Demonstrable experience in process and data modelling, requirements capture and analysis
- Working knowledge of appropriate legislation, including the Data Protection Act, DFARS and ITARS
- Knowledge of business processes, commercial drivers and activities
Meggitt is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business and that building a culture of respect and appreciation will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.