Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
With over 160 years of history, innovation's at the heart of everything we do in our aerospace, defence and selected energy markets Our global approach to lean manufacturing is the driving force on our journey to operational excellence and our goal to provide the best technology, products and service to our Customers.
We'll help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we're working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence.
your extraordinary. Join us and be part of our diverse Meggitt team.
The role sits within the IT manufacturing applications area and covers a broad spectrum of capabilities in the SAP and non SAP application arena. The role will need to work closely with the business to shape and drive a testing strategy and delivery plan and ensuring product and quality control is up to standard.
Key duties are testing assurance plus the coordination of all testing activities during every stage of the test process, as well as coordination with senior executives on testing projects and strategies. Authoritative guidance and advice to the test team is an important aspect of the job, as is advising on the practicality of the project.
Skills required include the ability to coordinate teams, multitasking, executive leadership and communication as well as presentation skills. Good stress management in this time-dependent job is a necessity, as is dynamism and self-motivation.
In conjunction with the team undertake the capturing, analysing and documenting of testing requirements, and be responsible for ensuring that these requirements are delivered to the required level of quality through IT change projects and activities.
They will work closely with the IT teams, SAP Architects, Project Managers, Senior Stakeholders and other business teams to understand current and future business requirements, products and operations, and to use this understanding to clearly articulate and document SAP requirements architecture, design and development teams.
- Act as the subject matter expert to projects on testing aspects and what the art of the possible is
- Elicit requirements using interviews, process reviews, shadowing, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task & workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, identify and close gaps, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and SAP functional requirements and deliver appropriate artefacts on standard templates, including but not limited to Test Strategy. Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Act as the liaison between the customer community and the IT teams regards testing capability
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability, functionality and performance needs
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Work closely with the business and IT during the defect management lifecycle.
- Experience testing SAP solutions is essential
- Test Management and Defect Tracking tool experience - HP QC ALM or Jira
- Planning project test cycles; Creating conditions of acceptance
- Reporting test progress to various stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal and motivational skills
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines with no compromise on quality
- Must have a quality first mind-set
- Knowledge of Engineering plus Corporate applications will be an advantage
Meggitt is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business and that building a culture of respect and appreciation will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.