The world of payments is changing rapidly. New innovative technologies are being developed to meet the changing needs but these can give rise to new threats to users of the payments system, and to the stability of that system as a whole. This means that we need ever stronger protections and more resilient infrastructure.
The Real-Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) service lies at the heart of UK payments. In total, the RTGS service settles around £685bn of payments each working day, close to a third of the UK's annual GDP. The RTGS infrastructure is over 20 years old and, despite its excellent operational record, it needs to be modernised and developed to meet the needs of today and the future, balancing the safeguarding of stability whilst enabling innovation. With this in mind, the RTGS Renewal Programme has been established to develop the next generation of the Bank of England's Real-Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) system.
After defining the Programme scope, with input from the payments industry, we ran a competitive procurement process under the Official Journal of the European Union to appoint a Technology Delivery Partner. In August 2020, the Programme appointed Accenture as the Technology Delivery Partner to work with the Bank on the design and build of the core settlement engine. The Programme has since completed mobilisation and is progressing through the delivery phase using an Agile Programme Management framework. The focus has moved from designing the renewed RTGS service to building it using the latest technology. Job Description
The RTGS Renewal Programme requires a wide range of organisations to make changes to their own technology and processes. This will be critical to ensure firms are ready to send and receive CHAPS payments. A wide range of stakeholders will be impacted by this change, primarily, but not exclusively the 34 firms that are direct members of the CHAPS payments system.
As Communications Analyst you will be responsible for supporting the planning and delivery of key communication and engagement activities for the RTGS Renewal Programme. You will manage key documents and channels that help us to ensure best practice in how we communicate and engage with others effectively. Your role will include supporting collaboration across key Programme areas and external partners.
You will be accountable for a range of activities, including:
Role Requirements Minimum Criteria
- Managing the process of tracking stakeholder engagement
- Develop content for, and maintain, key communication channels
- Supporting the development and implementation of engagement and communications plan
- Input to drafting of internal and external communications
- Updating project plan and other reporting tools
- Document management to support best practice
- Prepare and support key events and milestones
- Proactively build good relationships with stakeholders across the programme
The role leads on stakeholder engagement and strategic communications, with limited supervision. You will have excellent analytical skills, be a team player, expert collaborator and a recognised point of contact within the programme and the wider Bank. Other expected attributes include:
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop effective stakeholder relationships
- Well-organised, proactive attitude to work with an ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Manages time and plans work to meet deadlines
- Works actively with others to achieve the objectives of the team and wider programme
- Good interpersonal and networking skills, a team player
- Ability to work collaborative and support a varied team of professionals. Resilient and self-confident to build confidence among stakeholders.
- Strong administration skills and the ability to think creatively.
- The ability to develop strong working relationships with wide range of people quickly.
- Strong attention to detail to support the teams work in representing the Programme to internal or external audiences.
- Good planning skills as you will be required to plan and support with the delivery of key Programme milestones. This needs forward planning and excellent organisation skills.
- Flexibility to handle a range of demands, either working alone or as part of a team.
- You will also demonstrate awareness of sensitive/delicate situations and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience of working in internal or external communications would be an advantage but is not a prerequisite for this role.
As a unique institution, we have a reward package which sets us apart from other organisations. It includes a competitive salary, but also a much wider offering, including a defined benefit pension and comprehensive flexible benefits. We also offer a working environment which fully supports individuals through flexible working, wellbeing initiatives including an on-site medical and dental unit.
As well as a salary of up to £31,320, (subject to experience and skillset), the total package also includes:
We anonymise applications so hiring managers will not be able to see your personal information such as name and address when reviewing your submission, including your CV. Please fully complete the application form questions as requested because incomplete submissions may not be reviewed.
- A non-contributory, career average pension giving you a guaranteed retirement benefit of 1/95th of your annual salary for every year worked. There is the option to increase your pension (to 1/50th) or decrease (to 1/120th) in exchange for salary through our flexible benefits programme each year. The current cost to the Bank of providing this pension is 35% of your salary.
- A discretionary performance award based on a current award pool and target award of 10%, with a maximum potential award of 25%.
- A 7% benefits allowance with the option to take as salary or purchase a wide range of flexible benefits.
- 25 days annual leave with option to buy up to 13 additional days through flexible benefits.
- Private medical insurance and income protection insurance.
We continue to build an inclusive culture where everyone can be their whole selves and produce their best work. Our focus on inclusion is intended to build greater diversity in order to reflect the society we serve and be an employer of choice.
The closing date for applications is 9th May 2021.
Please apply online, ensuring that you answer the application questions and submit your CV.