Join us as a Automation Tester with the Bank of England(London, Full-time, Permanent)
ABOUT CAPITAAt Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, Education, Transport, Health, Life and Pensions, Insurance, Banking and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever ??? and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
BANK OF ENGLAND ??? TECHNOLOGY DEVISIONThe Technology division manages and supports all aspect of technology delivery across the Bank, from maintaining critical systems which underpin the UK economy, to providing big data analytics, implementing comprehensive cyber security programmes and introducing innovative solutions in support of a digital workplace.
Technology???s key objective is to support all other areas of the Bank in achieving our collective mission to promote the good of the people of the UK by maintaining monetary and financial stability. This is achieved through the delivery of appropriate, high performing, resilient solutions and information services across the organisation and externally.
Technology is structured around a simple operating model: Analyse-Deliver-Service-Secure. This model ensures transparency and effectiveness in our delivery, prioritisation and cost base for IT services and promotes close working relationships with colleagues across the Bank so that we can all deliver with pace and agility. THE ROLE OF AUTOMATION TESTERThe Automated Tester will be a member of the Infrastructure Delivery team which is accountable for the engineering and delivery of the Bank???s varied server infrastructure.
Key responsibilities include, and are not limited to:
Teamwork & Communication ??? Ensure effective relationships are sustained across the wider Technology team, including internal and external stakeholders, and any domain partners/suppliersLeadership ??? leader of implementing positive change, selling benefits of new ways of workingContracts & Commercial Capability ??? Strives to deliver the best value for money by continually looking for improvements/efficiencies across both server delivery and capital expenditureTechnology Strategy ??? Work closely with Architecture to lead the development and implementation and of the Linux server estate within the Bank and, more specifically, to produce and articulately communicate a clear view of the domain???s future strategy in Linux server deliveryDelivery ??? Support both the Delivery team leader and Infrastructure Engineering Manager to ensure that all change, whether programmes and projects, or smaller scale releases, is delivered in a timely and cost-efficient way, whilst ensuring that they align to both operations and the future domain strategyDomain Enablement ??? Ensure compliance with key audit, risk, and security policies and procedures applicable to the Linux server estate
EXPECTED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Personal skills are key for this position ??? enthusiasm and a flare to problem solve, with a passionate, inquisitive and proactive attitude
- Ability to work and create test frameworks
- Any exposure to UFT and AXE
- An Awareness of automated testing tools (such as Selenium/UFT/Axe/Eggplant)
- An Awareness of Test Management tools (Jira)
- Experience or knowledge of development automation tools (such as JUnit / JMeter)
- Project life cycle experience (Agile / Waterfall methodologies)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (in particular Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- A range of testing types (functional, non-functional, regression, integration, UAT, OAT)
- Testing involving both internal and 3rd parties
- Risk analysis and Risk Based Testing
- Defect management and test management tools
- Testing complex user interfaces and GUI applications
- Test Data provisioning and Management tools, i.e. Test Data Manager
DESIRABLE SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Development languages, e.g. Visual Basic, Java and C# (Blue Prism / Visio)
- Knowledge of Markets and Banking Systems and applications such as RTGS, T24, Open link, Megara and CREST Gateway
Please note: Successful applicants will be expected to go through vetting and Security Clearance
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the very best of luck with your application