Job Description Summary This role will provide high level governance over, and coordination of, strategic and/or business critical L & E issues on an enterprise wide basis in all regions outside of the US. It will support GE Digital as a client group and provide legal, strategic and tactical direction on matters relating business transformation activities (entry into new markets, restructuring, location changes, policy changes and including topics relating to the GE European Works Council) plus any additional International Employment matters.
Job Description Job Requirements:
• Work with GE Digital business leadership including HR leaders to define GE Digital's approach to business critical/strategic L & E issues
• Work with GE Digital General Counsel to develop and monitor GE Digital's standards in relation to global L&E matters that will apply to the business.
• Work with other senior leaders within GE Digital to ensure optimal business strategies while minimizing legal risk
• Provide advice on a range of business and HR related matters including restructuring programs in Europe, individual performance/ separation cases, negotiating Collective Bargaining Agreements (where they apply) and GED specific policies.
• Identify and manage a panel of external law firms to provide coverage across GE Digital in the International Region (61 countries) - partnering with colleagues across GE where applicable.
• Mentoring/coaching/ development of GE Digital HR team and key people leaders across the International region
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
• Qualified lawyer - licensed to practice in major international jurisdiction
• Substantial legal post-qualification experience, including time spent both with a leading law firm and in-house with a large multinational corporation at partner and/or Executive level
• A proven people leader with time in a senior multi-jurisdictional leadership role, including managing and mentoring senior legal and/or other professionals
• Deep experience of labor and employment work on litigation, advisory work and training, including internationally
• Demonstrable experience working with senior (officer level) business leadership as trusted advisor and business partner on matters of corporate significance
• Significant track record of supporting and managing complex cross border projects
• Deep knowledge and experience of navigating and managing European Works Council processes
• Superior advocacy skills, including the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate in writing and orally, an aptitude for practical negotiation, the capability to think clearly and quickly under pressure, and the composure to satisfy multiple and often competing interests.
• A strong commitment to integrity and professionalism, and passion for excellence.
• A work history that affirmatively demonstrates leadership, and ability to persuade and push others to deliver on commitments.
• Demonstrable fluency in English, including ability to draft and negotiate and present legal and business documents in English.
• Superior negotiating skills and ability to work in complex international environment, substantial experience working in different cultures and an open and tolerant mind with respect to diversity.
• Demonstrable computer literacy with specific ability to use Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and other software such as redlining tools
• Strong project management and prioritization skills
• Record of dedicated and successful teamwork, excellent interpersonal and diplomatic abilities.
Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided: No