Job Description Summary The GE Data Security team is looking to hire a full-time Senior Cyber Investigator to develop and enhance our Insider Threat program. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills as well as the ability to participate, track and report on multiple concurrent projects. The candidate will develop a thorough understand of GE critical apps and data, and work with business teams to deliver tools and processes that protect and monitor the usage of those critical systems.
Job Description Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will: Lead the planning, communication, & development of Insider Threat tools and processes. Become a subject matter expert in analysis and investigation of potential high risk behavior across an ever-evolving environment. Communicate results of vulnerability management scanning toP&Ls, COEs, and leadership. Review and develop thresholds for critical application resulting in rule and alerting capabilities. Develop and deliver processes to integrate new applications into our tools .Provide input on multi-gen project plan for delivering improvements to the Insider Threat program. Provide metrics along with visualization models for effective reporting of risk levels. Use data analysis skills and techniques to identify root causes, trends, opportunities for improvement, etc. related to vulnerability management. Ensure all documentation, including logical diagrams, policies, procedures and process diagrams related to data protection functions are accurate and up-to-date. Collaborate with internal business & GE Corporate teams on requirements for relevant analytical reports, processes, procedures, SOPs, and policy configurations for all insider technologies.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
Desired Characteristics/Technical Expertise:
Experience in data security disciplines as relevant to the following:
• Operating system security
• Network security
• Hardware security principles
• Scripting experience such as Bash, Powershell or Python
• Experience in programming languages (e.g. C, C++, C#)
• An understanding of APT (nation states), Cyber Crime, Hacktivism and other associated actors
Foundational cyber skills:
• Networking (TCP/IP, UDP, Routing); Applications (HTTP, SMTP, DNS, FTP, SSH,etc.); Encryption (DES, AES, RSA) and hashing algorithms (MD5, SHA-1, etc.); System/Application vulnerabilities and exploitation; Operating systems (Windows, *Nix, and Mac) Cloud technology (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS), and malware or behaviors exploiting these systems.
• Understanding the concept of infrastructure vulnerabilities, and basic principles of IT Security and IT networking.
• Experience with patch management processes and tools (e.g., Shavlik, BigFix, HPSA, etc.)
• Experience with vulnerability scanning tools (e.g., Qualys, Nessus, etc.)
Experience with administration of one or more of the following:
• major database management systems (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server), major middleware/web server products (e.g., Tomcat, Websphere, Jboss, IIS, etc.)
• Experience with data analysis tools-Excel (basic data analysis), Splunk, Analyst Notebook (social network analysis), SIsense (business intelligence), and collaborative analytics tools
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
• Proven track record of successfully managing and executing on short term and long term projects and the ability to establish rapport with various roles (executive management to deeply technical).
• Proactively identifies and removes obstacles or barriers on behalf of the customer
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Strong collaboration skills/experience working in a team environment.
• Excellent communications skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong ability to prioritize and execute with minimal direction or oversight.
• Exceptional critical thinking, writing, and presentation skills that properly qualify assessments with concise, relevant, and accurate communications
Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided: No