As an Operations Manager within the Financial Team you will manage change activity and communicate proposed changes with staff and stakeholders. Set and monitor operational performance and ensure that all operations and projects align with strategic objectives, comply with relevant control strategies and oversee the update of risk registers.
Provide operational support, advice and guidance to Police throughout the UK into investigations of serious financial and economic crime.
Ensure local/national strategy, policy, legislative frameworks and operational priorities are developed and promoted amongst NPCC Law Enforcement partners and government departments.
To build good working relationships with both internal and external partners including other law enforcement agencies.
NCA are currently looking for Financial Civil and Criminal Investigators across a range of locations.
NCA Investigative teams respond to a broad range of threats including Organised Immigration Crime, Cyber Dependant Crime, Fraud, Human Trafficking, Child Sexual Abuse, Firearms and Drugs, International Corruption Unit as well as having Internal Professional Standards teams. Investigations are undertaken in a varied and dynamic environment, identifying intelligence and evidential opportunities to progress investigations.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
• Manage change activity and communicate proposed changes with staff and stakeholders.
• Set and monitor operational performance and ensure that all operations and projects align with
strategic objectives, comply with relevant control strategies and oversee the update of risk registers.
• Provide operational support, advice and guidance to police throughout the UK into investigations of
• Ensure local/national strategy, policy, legislative frameworks and operational priorities are developed
and promoted amongst NPCC Law Enforcement partners and government departments.
•To build good working relationships with both internal and external partners including other law
• To apply specialist legislation such as POCA 2002, Fraud Act 2006 or Bribery Act 2010 to complex economic crime investigations.
• To drive the use of asset recovery tools and legislation, providing advice and guidance to operational teams and partners on the options available to identify, freeze and sieze illicit wealth.
• To deliver high impact economic crime disposals, either through criminal justices, civil or regulatory outcomes, through maximising use of available legislation, NCA specialist resource and working relationships with partners.
Full DVLA Driving Licence (Includes Full EU Licences) or the ability to obtain a Full Driving Licence within one year in post.
The following qualifications/skills are essential to the role and proof will be required at interview:
The following qualifications/skills area essential to the role for both Criminal and Civil posts and proof will be required at interview:
• Current or recently lapsed (within last 3 years) POC/Financial Investigators accreditations.
In addition to the above, Criminal posts require:
• Current or recently lapsed (within last 3 years) PIP2 accreditation or equivalent recognised qualification/ accreditation issued by a Government body.
Please ensure the dates of any accreditations you are relying on, are entered on to the CV.
Should you progress to the assessment stage of the process, you will be required to provide a copy of the original certificate.
Failure to provide evidence at interview may result in your application not progressing to the next stage.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Managing a Quality Service
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Recent experience of conducting criminal, civil or regulatory investigations on complex economic and financial cases
- Experience and an in-depth knowledge of relevant legislation (UK and international law) affecting operational agency activity.
- Proven experience of successfully leading a team to deliver against operational objectives and performance.
- Experience in effective operational and investigative decision making with accountability for decisions made
Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is Security Check
Successful candidates will be expected to have a medical