Job Description Summary
This position aims at accompanying Distribution Electricity Utilities through their digital transformation allowing them to keep our lights on, to clear the faults more rapidly, to optimize power flows and voltage, and to foster decarbonization and energy transition by allowing them to smartly inject more renewable energy in the grid.
You will be playing in very competitive and challenging environment using GE's product, ranked #1 in distribution, in the solution to propose for our customers in EMEA region.
The role is technical: it consists, in the context of international tenders, in analyzing customer requirements, designing an effective solution using GE products and/or building block while balancing compliance with costs, preparing and writing compelling technical description and defending it.Job Description Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish a deep understanding of our customers' business and technical needs.
- Being a technical advisor on the Commercial Sales Team. Aligns capabilities to specific outcomes, creates reference architectures, and calculates potential solution value.
- Use business acumen (knowledge of competition and markets) to derive technical solution
- Design, describe, and defend competitive Technical and cost-optimized offers in EMEA.
- Translate customer requirements into existing product building blocks and / or roadmap, and design what it takes to fill the gap for offers in the Europe / Africa region, using GE ADMS solution and more generally GE distribution portfolio. This shall be done while carefully analyzing and tuning the compliance versus cost balance.
- Design and produce competitive offers for SCADA/ADMS new systems, or to address new business case or regulatory changes for existing customers. Offers might include both hardware, third party software and GE software. In any case, sound, secured, and cost optimized architecture shall be designed.
- Alleviate or limit risks of technical or financial deviations during project.
- Convince both internally and externally of the design choices he/she made for a wide range of audience (managers, operators, developers, IT people...)
- Defend the commercial value of the offers, insofar possible in relation with the initial customer business / use cases.
- To demonstrate innovation, curiosity, adaptation to rapidly evolving technology such as IT architecture (Cloud, etc.), delivery methods (CI/CD, DevOps), cyber security threats, and new distribution applications e.g. pertaining to renewable integration in distribution network, flexibility, and enhanced collaboration between DSO and TSO.
- This role requires electrical engineering or power system background.
- Past experience in SCADA/ADMS field is highly desirable
Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided:
- Very strong oral and strong written communication skills.
- Demonstratable ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Demonstrable capability to work under strong time pressure in a highly competitive environment while delivering outcomes.