Job Description Summary Responsible for building and leading one or more agile software quality teams with focus on new innovative software solutions and continuous improvement in delivery metrics of the quality team
Job Description Roles and Responsibilities
In this role you will:
• Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development and infrastructure
• Lead a global quality team, working with other leaders to ensure quality is embedded into all Engineering teams and practices
• Manage the delivery of Products developed by Partners, ensuring delivery to schedule, quality, and compliance with GE standards.
• Design and implement quality process, and quality metrics for cloud and on-prem based application.
• Analyse changes and new features to the product based on functional and design requirements, recommending appropriate test strategies
• Good leadership skills to allocate and manage work of other team members.
• Develop test plans and specifications and implement/code test cases
• Drive product testability into product requirements
• Ensure test case design and execution methodologies are technically sound
• Continually increase the complexity of functional test suites
• Perform hands-on testing for complex features or on demand
• Interact with customer support to collect data and identify areas of the product that may not meet supportability and quality standards. Develop plan/proposal/design for addressing such issues.
• Participate with the Quality Assurance team in defining and managing quality assurance processes and procedures.
• Work closely with the development to understand the product features and mentor other team members.
• Create goals for the team and also write performance appraisals of team members
• Hire and train Quality Engineers.
• Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
• Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations.
• Work cross functionally with other business departments to align activities and deliverables
• Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
• Deliver resource strategy and plans, including use of 3rd parties/partners, etc., in support of development and support activities
• Communicate effectively both within immediate team and GE leadership. Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). Other degree types are also accepted.
Desired Characteristics Technical Expertise:
• Has extensive experience in test automation
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and Java coding principles
• Hands-on experience in web services and SQL Database
• Hands-on experience in testing both backend and UI testing.
• Experience in web-based technologies
• Knowledge of Cloud based testing and Services Oriented Architectures
• Has deep understanding of CI/CD process and promotion models
• Has strong analytical, troubleshooting and organizational skills
• Has automation development and execution experience
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Ability to architect testing strategy for complex on-prem and cloud products
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Has directly led medium to large teams effectively in the past
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work
Role could also be conducted based out of Hyderabad.
Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided: No