Job Description Summary
In line with the introduction of a new industry-leading product, the Haliade X offshore wind turbine, the role of the commercial leader is to manage a portion of the increasing sales and tendering activities in offshore services, together with the negotiation of long term service agreements following successful bids. The commercial lead will drive execution of optimized strategies to secure profitable service business within the highly competitive offshore wind service market, including any requests for additional work by existing customers.Job Description
Essential Responsibilities :
- Coordinate with counterparts in turbine sales and with the service tendering team, and interface directly with customers, on all potential transactions, studies, estimates and formal bids during the ITO (Inquiry to Order) phase.
- Be the key point of contact for service in delivering appropriate service strategies for specific projects and manage transaction details related to all technical, financing, legal and commercial aspects to support strategy development, execution and risk management processes.
- Ensure that customer requirements are well understood, and manage the analysis and development of service offers in a timely fashion, incorporating solid cost modelling, pricing, appropriate terms and conditions and technical and commercial appendices to ensure a complete and quality offering to the customer.
- Ensure that all customer technical and commercial clarifications or queries are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Interface with appropriate internal stakeholders in relation to the above responsibilities, and in particular be responsible for gaining approvals from the various risk processes for relevant projects.
- Represent GE offshore service at client meetings.
- Play a lead role in the negotiation of long term service agreements.
- Become proficient with the use of financial and technical tools associated with these responsibilities.
- Be familiar with industry trends and standards.
- Support achievement of the key objectives for the commercial team in relation to commitments, orders and margin for Service within the offshore business.
- Manage the coordination and handover of projects from the ITO phase to the project execution team at the appropriate point.
Additional Information Relocation Assistance Provided:
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Marine or Industrial Engineering or Business from an accredited college or university or similar.
- Minimum of three years of experience in Marketing, Sales, Customer Service in onshore or offshore wind.
- Minimum of one year of experience with reviewing customer specifications, proposal development, contract development and direct negotiation for service sales
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 30%
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional and global environment, remote teams, strong team player
- Fluency in English language.