Senior / Principal Systems Engineer
We have requirements for individuals at Senior or Principal level, within the Systems Engineering organisation, based on skillset and experience. Roles will be based at one of our customer's sites in Luton, with some travel to other sites anticipated.
Candidates should currently be employed as a Systems Engineer, with experience of the full lifecycle. Ideally we are looking for RF/Electro Optics systems experience, particularly in the development of Radar and Electronic Warfare systems (Including IRCM) but candidates with experience of other aerospace / defence applications, space, nuclear, automotive or transportation sectors will be considered.
As a senior engineer responsibilities may include:
- Understanding systems requirements, breakdown of requirements to sub-systems.
- Production of engineering management plans
- Production of SOWs and design review documentation
- Support generation of test strategy, test plans & test documentation
- Planning/preparation of integration/test environment, including facilities, test equipment (custom/ COTS), tools & test/simulation software
- Support system integration and test activities, working closely with hardware, software & firmware teams to achieve project milestones/deliverables
- Help to identify, investigate & resolve system integration issues
- Support verification of system & sub-system requirements
- Define verification methods/ tests & show traceability to systems/sub-system requirements
- Support system/sub-system Qualification testing, including generation of test reports
- Support system acceptance test activities
- Participation in design reviews
- Gather test evidence and prepare documentation for Certification/Qualification
- Provide lab-based system demonstrations to customers / partner companies
- Integrate systems on flight trials aircraft and support flight trials
- Support platform integration with customer systems/aircraft, including in-field system software upgrades
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- Experience of requirements management
- Systems integration and/or test experience of complex, high-reliability systems
- Experience of verification and validation (V&V) activities to achieve certification and acceptance
- Experience of working in multi-disciplined Engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to generate high-quality documentation (test specifications, procedures & reports)
- Previous experience of RF or ECM/EW systems.
- Experience of defining verification methods and generating tests requirements/procedures
- Experience of showing traceability of V&V tests to systems requirements & generating/updating Verification Matrices (VCRMs)
- An understanding of MATLAB/Simulink
- Experience in MBSE
- Previous experience of working in a Trials or field role
- HND/HNC, degree (BSc/BEng/MSc/MEng) in a relevant STEM-based subject or equivalent experience.
- Due to security requirements this role is open to Sole UK Nationals Only
QuEST Global is a pure play engineering solutions company with a proven track record that serves the product lifecycle needs of high technology companies. A pioneer in offshore product development engineering, QuEST Global is one of the largest engineering service providers that cater to diversified verticals. With its local-global model, QuEST Global combines physical proximity to the customer providing domain knowledge and ease of interaction; along with delivery from low cost locations that also provides easy resource ramp-up.