Assurance & Improvement Manager
We're looking for an Operational Assurance & Improvement lead to join our team within Airbus CyberSecurity in Newport, South Wales and involves working within the UK Defence industry, requiring the applicant to be able to be security cleared to a UK SC level.
Reporting directly to the Head of Business Operations, Assurance & Improvement you will assure the integrity of deliveries and service provision to support on-Quality, on-Time and on-Cost delivery.
Deliver assurance throughout the operational lifecycle; provide advice/support to moderate conflicting points, resolve challenges and ensure deliverables meet specified contractual standards.
Support business certification activity (e.g. ISO9001) to ensure the business conforms to requirements and delivers continual improvement.
Tasks and Accountabilities:
- You will support operational Quality planning compliant with business and customer requirements; provide dependable information to establish the level of assurance activity required throughout the life of the project/service and collaborate with bid/project managers to embed lessons/good practices before kick-off.
- Provide appropriate advice/support to the Project & Service Delivery Managers and where necessary moderate or escalate conflicting points to resolve business, project or functional challenges; ensuring deliverables are achieved observing agreed requirements.
- You will identify and analyse issues (e.g. nonconformance, cost of failure) highlighting the impact and providing support/solutions for resolution and to prevent reoccurrence.
- Support the deployment of Customer Satisfaction approach and ensure Customer feedback is reported and interpreted to understand trends and identify improvement actions; ensure actions are followed up to maintain the Customer's satisfaction.
- Provide SMART reports/presentations to relevant stakeholders on any potential risks and opportunities from an independent assurance perspective and provide a status update for quality actions.
- Support the business to manage 'Hot Spots' (through audits, investigations, Practical problem solving); organize subsequent findings and corrective actions to closure.
- Ensure that scalable and efficient improvement processes are pragmatically deployed and conduct is compliant to Airbus DS directives and values.
- Support staff by delivering appropriate communication, awareness and training pertaining to quality & improvement topics (E.g. Business Management System).
- Support the business with key business operations topics such as Enterprise Risk Management and deployment of divisional directives and initiatives such as Business Management System, Programme Excellence methodology (e.g. APQP, CNQ).
We are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years' experience working in all aspects of quality and improvement.
- Experience with configuration management practices.
- Knowledge of assurance processes, requirements management and engineering and project life cycles and their application.
- Experience delivering within a multi-functional and/or multinational teams to achieve our goals.
- Engage and influence multiple partners across Airbus and externally.
- Experience delivering improvement actions/projects and engaging with change initiatives
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process - you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.