Facility Management Services Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Facility Management Services Engineer within Airbus in Newport, South Wales.
Reporting directly to the Head of Services Filton and Newport you will provide general and site services to ensure effective and efficient work areas, meet customer needs and ensure statutory compliance this in the main is via management of strategic suppliers to Airbus.
This role is based at our Airbus Defence and Space offices, Newport, South Wales, and involves working within the UK Defence industry, requiring the applicant to be able to be security cleared to a UK SC level.
- You will manage the day to day delivery of hard services (maintenance), support of soft services (ie Cleaning, Waste, Catering, Grounds) through the supply chain in order to achieve operational and strategic company objectives in full compliance with any relevant regulations.
- You will support and interface with the HO Energy Management identifying opportunities to deliver the company environmental objectives and compliance
- You will support and interface with the HO Asset Management identifying opportunities for site investments supported through asset performance data and risk management.
- You will also be responsible for supporting or leading any emergency or incident control required within the function scope.
- You will also be the deputy to the HO Services in Filton and Newport.
- Supply Chain Management - delivery of services against specification managing service level agreements and producing KPI for supplier reviews.
- Ensure up to date records are kept (directly or through the supply chain) to ensure compliance for appropriate legislation and verifiable baseline data is maintained in line with legal requirements
- Provide technical knowledge to the business units responding to their needs and future requirements so far as is practical, legal and cost effective for an optimum solution. Provide technical support for any audits in relation to scope of activities (ie ISO50001, 140001)
- Emergency response and incident control support to site
Finance and Contract Management:
- To assist the HO Services Filton and Newport to ensure all contractual obligations are carried out fully, successfully and with the minimum disruption.
- To ensure all repairs and maintenance are carried out within budget and any foreseen expenditure is highlighted with capable parameters.
- Out of hours call outs to support FM and Site emergency incidents
- Financial Management - supporting HO Services Filton and Newport within specific budget areas with current year and developing rolling 5 year opex and capex investment planning in line with company objectives
- Risk Management to FM infrastructure assets and services
Skills & Experience
- Electrically biased engineer at NVQ Level 3 minimum. Apprenticeship / ONC / HNC or above electrical engineering would be a bonus
- Good knowledge of Electrical systems, UPS, HVAC and Lighting Systems.
- Experience in Project Lifecycle Management - Basic financial understanding - Partner & Subcontractor Management
- Proven track record of Service Engineering with the manufacturing industry
This role will require an element of on-call availability, as and when needed.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process - you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
More searches like this
- Aerospace SC Permanent £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Newport
- Cyber Security SC Permanent £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Newport
- Defence SC Permanent £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Newport
- Engineering SC Permanent £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Newport
- Information Technology SC Permanent £90,000 - £99,999 jobs in Newport