Junior C++ Software Engineer
Airbus Cyber Security is a European specialist in cyber security. Our mission is to protect governments, military and essential national infrastructure enterprises from cyber threats.
We are over 700 experts based across our main locations in France, Germany and the UK, each with a Security Operating Centre, we also operate in the US and the Middle East.
We provide a global cyber defence approach that aims to protect, detect and respond to cyber threats with a portfolio including managed security services, industrial control system offerings, encryption, key management and consultancy services.
Our goal: Protect our customers and support their needs with cyber security products.
We are passionate about cyber security. If you share our passion, we want to speak with you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Embedded Software Engineer - C++ within Airbus Cyber Security in Newport, South Wales.
As the Embedded Software Engineer - C++ you will report directly to the Software Team Lead for performing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
We can offer you all of this and more...
- Exciting development opportunities and perspectives within Airbus as a global player
- An attractive company pension scheme
- Airbus Group success share scheme
- An range of additional benefits
- Flexible working hours
Tasks and Accountabilities
The Embed Software Engineer designs, implements, and integrates a software module or component as directed by the Software Team Lead, this will include the production of full design documentation and UML models associated with the software module.
Your main tasks will include:
- Design and develop software products for the management and distribution of cryptographic information, certificates and essential material, and for managing cryptographic systems and devices protecting critically sensitive national and commercial information.
- Software products must achieve the required safety, security, quality and performance levels according to Airbus software engineering processes and the needs of our customers.
- Contribute across the full development life-cycle for custom cryptographic products and systems, in collaboration with systems, hardware, FPGA and verification engineers
- Allocated Work Packages are completed by the job holder within agreed cost, time and quality constraints Tools, methodologies and coding standards are applied to achieve project aims, following direction from the team lead.
- Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices and acquired technical expertise.
- Reporting to Team Lead on progress, risks arising from allocated Work Packages
- Design, implementation of allocated software modules or components to meet demanding technical, cost, timescale and quality criteria
- Be familiar with software development methodologies
- Real-time software design in a resource constrained / embedded environment using C or C++.
- Understand object-oriented programming
- Familiar with design and architectural patterns
- Object-oriented analysis, design using UML or similar methodologies.
- Experience of software configuration management
- Experience of full project life-cycle
- Experience of Requirements Management
- Familiarity with a Linux environment
- Knowledge of cryptographic techniques and their application in products/systems
Because of the nature of work undertaken, these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens. If you who meet this criteria you will also undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
More searches like this
- Aerospace SC Permanent £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Newport
- Cyber Security SC Permanent £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Newport
- Defence SC Permanent £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Newport
- Engineering SC Permanent £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Newport
- Information Technology SC Permanent £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in Newport