This role can be located in Stevenage or Portsmouth Provide specialist support to (complex) projects and programmes as part of an integrated team working directly for the Project Manager to whom they are assigned. Line Management reporting will be to the Head of Programme Management Office.
Primary purpose of this role is a project support role within Secure Communications (SC) UK with the main focus on supporting the major programmes and growth projects delivering new strategic work and services.
Your main duties and responsibilities:
- Creation, maintenance and timely delivery of the top level and lower level schedules, and Integrated Project Team (IPT) schedules where required covering the necessary requirements.
- Provision of project administration support to the Project Manager and the project team.
- The definition, agreement and ongoing integrity of a project library of data with the aid of the PM processes & tools, such as:
- Schedule, milestone & cost data
- Analysing project costs versus project forward load in conjunction with Finance
- Resource tracking / management on behalf of the Project Manager
- Payment Milestone tracking
- Risk analysis tracking
- Change Control (incl. waivers and deviations)
- Lines of Balance
- Ensuring that all project related data is correct and maintained within required Business Tools
- Provision of all resources necessary to ensure timely completion of all project office related activity
- Supporting management consolidation, judgement, recommendations and the timely provision of all necessary management data inclusive of progress, risk analysis and reporting information to the Project Managers and flow up to Secure Comms KPIs
- Responsible for maintaining and tailoring processes for Project Management as required by the businesses
- Responsible for selecting, developing / configuring and maintaining software tools to support the Business and Information Management Systems.
- Providing consolidated project reports on a monthly and quarterly basis to senior management including special focus reports as required.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of standardised templates for schedules and project reporting
Skills and experience required for this role:
- Experienced in working within a PMO including scheduling, logic checking, Earned Value, Risk Management
- Knowledge of planning best practice i.e.
- Logic linking/dependencies
- Critical Path Analysis
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Planning to stage boundaries - contingency planning
- Good knowledge/understanding of Project Management methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge and proficient use of both MS Project Professional 2016 & Primavera P6 Professional and associated risk analysis tools
- Excellent knowledge of all MS Office applications i.e Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to work well in a team and individually
- Research and Analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written communication skills
- Determined and focussed approach to complete a task. (Completer/Finisher)
- Experience in supporting resource management, planning and forecasting
- Knowledge of Configuration Management
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
The successful candidate will be subjected to SC clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits including enhanced pay for maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.